Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic Pain

Hello, I am a new member to these or any set of forums. I have suffered with lower back pain for over 25 years following an injury that happened at work. I have been to just about every doctor, had just about every test, and taken just about every medicine including Methadone which I am currently on. They claim I have advanced Degenerative Disk Disease throughout my spine with most pronounced at the L3, L4, L5. I have started going to a pain clinic as my regular doctor did not want to deal with the meds. My question to all of you is do you ever wonder whether or not the problem is in your head. I hear people tell me that DDD should not be painful. I hear people tell me that to get SI joint injections will fix my problem. All I know is I hurt. I hurt in my back, I hurt in my heart, and I hurt in my spirit. Why do people who have been with me for most of the time not believe me. Is it in my head? I need advice please. I filed for disability as I cannot do much, although after a finishing a course of prednisone I feel like a million bucks. What gives?

• lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
    edited 09/08/2012 - 4:14 PM
    hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. i am sorry that you have been suffering for so many years.. a pain management doctor is just the right doctor to be handling your meds and offering you other treatments.. obviously the prednisone worked for you and you are feeling better!! that is good news!! please have a look around and do some reading on DDD..there is a special forum just for DDD so check it out.. good luck to you!! stop by anytime!! we are always here to listen and know that you are not alone!! Jenny