Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dr. prescribed Pamelor but I am afraid to take it

I rarely can sleep, especially when the pain is too bad. My doc prescribed Pamelor but after reading the potential side effects I am terrified to try it. Has anyone tried it? What do you think? Thanks.

• Side effects are a part of any medication. By law, a manufacturer must list all of the most common side effects, and the most severe of them are the ones that scare most people. However, most side effects disappear over a few days to a week after starting a new medication as your body acclimates to it. Pamelor is an old tricyclic antidepressant that has been used for years for depression and it is used very commonly off label as a sleep aid. Try it and you may find that it works very well for you, without the side effects you have read about........
  • I prefer Valium for a bed time med. No side affects for me , but do need to get myself going at times because of a lack of energy. I am off the stuff right now and doing well without it.
  • I took Pamelor years ago for depression, I don't know what other drugs you are taking tho, I rather take Pamelor than the new designer drugs, which do nothin for me, they just wear off in 3 mo or so.