Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Benefits of Water

The human body, which is made up of between 55 and 75 percent water,
Lack of water can lead to dehydration, a condition that occurs when you don't have enough water in your
body to carry on normal functions....

• hi,
    Water is an essential component in our body and lack of water causes dehydration, and other stomach problems, infat drinking water also helps to overcome fat and reduce fat.
  • What I have always found interesting is that people tend to wait until they are thirsty to drink something and by that time, those in the medical community say that you are already experiencing dehydration.

And, often times, when someone is thirsty, they reach for things that cause further dehydration - tea, coffee, even some sodas, from what I understand.

Drinking water is not just about thirst, it's about keeping your cells healthy, full and plump. It's about keeping your skin hydrated which reduces wrinkles, it's about clearing out the toxins in our body.

This was a tip I recently heard as a way to know if you are consumming enough water.
    Drink half of your body weight in ounces. In other words, if you weigh 100 lbs, drink 50 ounces of water a day. And, if you drink coffee, teas, sodas - that does not count towards your water intake. In fact, you need to drink more water to counter the astringent properties of these beverages, not to mention to help expel the sugars/fake sugars in sodas.

Since I really don't drink anything other than water each day (not into tea, coffee, soda, juices, milk - just on days I have cereral) - so I make sure to drink a lot.

I make it simple - I have a good filter and I fill a few water bottles (each 33 ounces) and keep them in the fridge. It helps me know how much water I am really drinking in a day. Of course, that assumes I am home to drink them - and during my neck healing I have been, so it is easier to keep track.

Drink up! :)
    10/26/2012 ACDF C3/4 C4/5 surgery
    No pain; no pain meds - thank goodness!
    04/01/2013 - 5 months + 1 week - FUSED
    Doing some physical therapy for even better range of motion
  • i'm drinking a lot of water per day. How much water should i drink if i want to clearing out the toxins?
  • I was reading an article just recently that said this about how much water we should be drinking each day:

1) Half your body weight in ounces. So, if you weight 100 lbs, drink 50 oz of water. That's water - not coffee or tea or soda because those will dehydrate you and then you need more water to rehydrate yourself.

2) If you drink coffee, tea or soda - one cup (8oz) of any of those - drink two cups of water.

3) The other thing I learned a long time ago - if your pee is yellow - like yellow to bright yellow, you're not drinking enough water. From all I have been told and read, urine should be pale yellow to clear.

So, for whatever it's worth - hopefully this is helpful. It should also help to remove toxins from your body.
    10/26/2012 ACDF C3/4 C4/5 surgery
    No pain; no pain meds - thank goodness!
    04/01/2013 - 5 months + 1 week - FUSED
    Doing some physical therapy for even better range of motion