Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anal pain (foreign object sensation and burn)

Hi everyone.
I'm really curious if anyone's feeling what i feel, and found a way to deal with it.
About 8 months ago, during my visits to the gym, i started feeling some kind of foreign object few centimeters in my anus. It happened only after a warm-up, and the sensation disappeared after i went home. It didn't hurt, nor burn, just bother. Also, it didn't bother me in the everyday life.
After i went to a surgeon, and got suppositories + esracain, then things got complicated. It started to bother me all the time (a feeling like there's something in your anus about to fall out), especially when i walk. Also, a burning sensation started all around the anus (from the inside to the tailbone).
Since then i went through about 12 doctors (5 proctologists, 3 dermatologists), and all proctological and skin problems were excluded. Out of all of those doctors, only one has an explanation (after an US): he says i have some sort of microscopic wound with an exposed nerve, and that's why i feel the foreign object and the burning, even though visually everything looks fine.
So far i've tried tons of lotions, and 2 anti-depressants pills (elatrolet and clonex) without relief.
Sorry about the long story, tried to be thorough.
Thanks in advance for suggestions.

• Sorry it took so long for me to answer but I have had a similar pain. I associate mine with the tailbone injury I had years ago although this particular pain is just the last few years. Have you ever had a bad fall on your butt?

I have had several very severe episodes in the last couple years. I woke up in the middle of the night once moaning from an intense burning pain at the tailbone and had to crawl out of bed trying to move or do anything to get it to stop. When it calmed down I realized I had not taken my last pain pill of the day or the muscle relaxer (flexeril) that I always take before bed. Maybe it's muscle related?

Have you had an xray or mri of your tailbone? It's a tough area for diagnosis, they see nothing abnormal on mine, but know something happened.
  • Do you only have the burning or the foreign object sensation also?
  • Some levels of the spine nerves go to the tailbone and anus that you speak of, I have had multiple flare ups that travel to the tailbone and its very painfull as you feel pressure and pain from the nerves where you dont expect it to be,
    Its a serious pain in the ass,
    I have had this issue for many years and even after multiple back surgery i still get it once in a while, No dr was ever able to give me a reason for this other then spinal nerves can travel to other nerves and cause flare up,

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • t9crushedtt9crushed Posts: 118
    edited 09/21/2012 - 4:49 AM
    I have had an odd feeling of pressure, almost like a balloon is pushing out or having to go really bad. It also feels a little like when you have had the flu or a bad stomach problem, like a severe cramp.
This discussion has been closed.