Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervical pain plus, plus, plus!

Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 118
Long night as I've been up since 1:00 AM this morning because of the pain in my shoulder and arm from my cervical issues. I have discogenic disease spondylosis and diffuse posterior bulges from C2-3 through C7-T1 that seems to get worse with every moment. My PMP referred me to a neurosurgeon's (NS) because my neck "...is in bad shape..." is November 12! Yes, I have to wait over 2 months to be seen by my NS to decide if I need surgery. My worse point in my neck is at C6-7 AND I have serious issues in the thoracic and lumbar regions too including 2 fusions of my L5/S1 s the first fusion in December 2005 failed and I had to have it redone in May 2012.

In addition to my "normal" pain in my mid and lower back, the pain in my shoulder that generates from my neck has become so much worse over the last month or so that I am not getting the sleep I did before the neck problems came to a headl I already take Exalgo, Nucynta, baclofen, and cymbalta for the pain (plus tylenol and motrin) but wondering if anyone has a magic elexior that will work?

Sorry for any typos but my pain meds are finally kicking in.

Thanks for your feedback, Jerome

• Jerome,
    I'm sorry you're in so much pain! My C6 nerve is compressed & causes terrible pain in my right shoulder/arm. I had been seeing a chiropractor and the manual therapy was the only thing keeping the pain at a remotely manageable level.

I also just found out my spinal cord is flattened in that same area, and also in a thoracic level. I'm waiting for NS appointment, as the 1st available was 4 weeks out & my chiropractor is trying to work some magic & get me seen sooner. When called to schedule, another NS in the practice had an appointment 2 weeks out...is it an option to change surgeons? Just asking, sometimes it's not.

I hope things ease up for you! Are you alternating ice & heat on your arm & shoulder? At first ice made it worse, heat made it better for me, so I wasn't doing a whole lot of alternating. LOL At this point, ice makes it better. I also use biofreeze when I can't keep an ice pack on.
    C5-C6-C7, T3-T4-T5: disc protrusions, spinal cord & C6 nerve root involvement, tear at T3-T4
    C6 nerve root injection 10/12/12 and at-home traction