Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF out of the way, New introduction.

Hello Everyone!
My current conditions is pain in arms, legs, mid back, upper back, chest, low back, neck, headaches, tingling, burning, numbness, etc. Underwent C6-C7 ACDF in 2010 for a herniated disc with cord compression, that so far provided some relief to mainly right side of my body. Im still in severe pan 24/7 and hoping for more procedures, surgeries to help ease my pain and enable to function. I was rear ended in the car accident in '97 injured my low back, and i believe my neck and upper back. Soon after i went through very painful divorce and bankruptcy and did not get the proper diagnosis and treatment for my injuries at that time. What i suspect is my main problem are herniated discs in mid, upper, low back and neck. My thoracic MRI is "unremerkable", but there is obviously something wrong with several discs, vertebraes, and muscle atrophy in my chest.
My problem was trusting too much workers comp drs, and easy going nice guy that employer and MPN took full advantage off and spitted out the door and blackmailed when i could no longer show up for full day of work regardless of the narcotics that were prescribed. I was told that my condition is chronic pain, arthritis, " getting old", and even after MRI of my neck was done, that there is nothing serious and requiring surgery, but some arthritis and that i need to keep moving around. I had suffered tremendously in severe pain, trying to exercise out of Cervical Cord compression with myelopathy, herniated thoracic and lumbar disc with punctured Dura at T5-T6, C7-T1, T2-T3, and everywhere i went i heard the same story, nothing can be done "getting old, a little early but not unusual", till fired, unable to go back to work, insurance ran out while recovering from the neck surgery, still being lied to about my condition and trying to learn what can be done about returning to somewhat normal life.

• hi and welcome to the forum!! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. i am sorry you are having pain issues.. it is often very difficult to get an accurate diagnosis and then to receive appropriate treatment without insurance is a whole nother matter.. .. you might try looking into teaching hospitals in your area for treatment.. often times their services are free.. please have a look around the forum and make yoursefl at home!! i hope you are able to get some adequate pain relief soon... good luck!! Jenny