Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need help finding issue causing butt, hamstring, major knees and calve pain!

Started having tight hamstrings and calves which lead to major right knee pain. When standing for long periods or sitting to drive a truck, causes a nerve to begin acting up in my butt, hip, down the outside of my leg to the backside of my knee causing intense pain in the knee. Hamstring gets very tight along with my calve. When driving and moving my rigt foot around to drive makes outside area of my knee hurt badly. If you rub this area it gets even worse. MRI on knee and lower lumbar. Both Dr's said everything looks good. Rheumotologist said i had no arthritis so now im lost and needing you folks to help me out. I have lost some range of motion in right knee and left leg is starting to tighten up and hurt as well. Cant keep going on like this daily. If you have had any symptoms like this, what did you find out. Lost and depressed with quality of life going downhill fast.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    edited 09/18/2012 - 6:32 PM
    are not fool proof. Many times, a series of tests and some repeated may be necessary to isolate a problem.
    Since your doctors are telling you that there is nothing wrong (per MRI), what are their action plans for you?

Have they made plans for Physical Therapy, Medications, etc

From what you are stating, it would seem a good deal of approved and supervised stretching would be beneficial.
    But , thats only a guess coming from me. You need to discuss your overall condition with your doctor so that you can both figure out what is the next step.

Since one of your doctors ordered the MRI, they had to have some sound and medical rationale in doing that.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Knee Dr. gave me a injection last thursday. Said if I get any relief which I did, then thats how much is knee related. The rest must be coming from the back. Back Dr. has a mylogram with Ct for this friday and I hope it shows something. Just tired of back issues and surgery. Just hope we are on to the issue and some relief.
  • Diagnostic tests are not foolproof nor do they all show the same thing. My MRI showed something a little different than my CT and both showed something a little different from the discogram, although everything was related to my L5/S1 level. Hopefully the mylogram and CT will help out. I would keep pushing an asking questions if everything is fine. Obviously it's not if you are in pain and having tingling and weakness. That doesn't just appear out of the blue.

Let us know how everything goes.

Single level L5/S1 360 fusion with 6 screws and a rod (10/29/12)
    Diagnosis: Grade 1-2 spondylolithesis, Pars Defect, L5/S1 disc tear anterior and posterior, DDD, spinal stenosis
  • I'm fused from my L3-S1. I thought after getting fused I would finally be done with these issues and had been for a year and was back to doing whatever I wanted. Then here we go again. MRI showed some bone spurs but not that large my Ortho said. Don't understand why so many of us have to go through so much pain for years and years. I'm sick of taking so many pills again.