Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member introduction

Hello, my name is Ricky. I really don't have a long list of issues. My problems began in '84 with my first L5-S1 disc slip. From that point it slipped probably 8 more times until my Total-colectomy (J pouch) which was in 2002. From there the disc began to slip with more frequency. I will admit that I was never big on Doctors to fix my problem so I relied on my on strength, determination and Chiropractors.

Never have taken pain meds. Looking back may have taken a different route. The injury has slowly sucked the life out of me. I suppose there is no need to remind any of you how chronic pain can take it's toll.

There is one more item that, for me, has saved my life and extended the need for surgery and controlled a lot of the pain. I began using an inversion table years ago and use it religiously. So often that I've caught myself falling asleep upside down. :-)

Well, fast forward, I feel I've ran a good race. Disc is basically gone so have no choice but surgery. Hoping for a successful ALIF but have some concern about access due to pouch reconstruction and scarring. Fingers-crossed.

This all happened quite sudden as the vertebrae basically will not stabilize and no amount of stretching, hanging and staying off my feet help.

That's my short story and look forward to meeting and sharing my journey as well as yours.

L5-S1 Disc Slip 12 times over last 30 years. Last slip Oct 2009. Tried PT, Chiropractor, Staying off feet, Inversion, Stretching. Scheduled ALIF Oct 04. Edited. Due to Jpouch reconstruction Doc went with TLIF with BMP.