Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

DLIF surgery 10/23/2012

Great to find a forum with so much info.
I am having a 3 level lumbar DLIF on 10/23/2012

I slipped and fell last Oct and have been spending the past year doing very little due to pain.
I had all the typical tests and procedures; last one being a Discogram which was positive on 3 levels.
Fusion on L 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 will be done.

Looking forward to getting some great tips as I journey through this new world of recovery and healing!

• doubleusnddoubleusn Posts: 122
    edited 10/05/2012 - 9:35 PM
    I have had 3 surgeries and am also a triple fusion person.

My second was also an XLIF / DLIF.

Happy to read you had a discogram, unpleasantness to the max, but IMHO a requirement.

Best of luck and welcome aboard :-)

Jun 2011 -TLIF @L5-S1
    Mar 2012 -NonUnion @L5S1
    May 2012 -Multi Level Discography
    July 2012 -XLIF 2Cages @L3L4/L4L5
    Aug 2012 -All New Hardware @L34L45/L4L5/L5S1
    Mar 2013 -FBSS = Pain Management until they figure it out.
  • that was 9 months ago i have also had a laminectomy and discetomy over the last 16 years not too mention many spinal injections .the ALIF was hell and recovery is very long ..i have never heard of DLIF ??
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014