Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain in right leg after surgery

pee3jonesppee3jones Posts: 2
Hello I recently had a lumbar microdisectomy done on my back L4 L5. The surgery was done on Sept 5 2012. I'm now having pain in the right leg front side. I went to doc today for post follow up and told her about the pain I'm having. She explains that's not normal she says I should feel the pain on the backside of the leg from the button down. I explain yes I feel that pain also. Overall no back pain but my leg hurt around the thigh area. She prescribed me a steriod pack and say lets see how that works and reschedule for 2 weeks. Anyone got some advice.
Montalvo jones

• I would trust her judgment. She is probably thinking that you may have some inflammation, and this is normal. I had a similar situation going and I used the sticky patches with the steroids on them. (Can't think off-hand what they are called.) Anyway, it took maybe a week or so for the pain to subside and stay away. I had 3 back surgeries in 2009, 33 days apart. What I learned most is that I had to trust my doctor, take medicines as prescribed, walk every day and have patience. Your body was just invaded and nerves have been affected, so we need to understand that as things settle down, we should begin to feel better.
    Good Luck.