Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member - Searching for positive support

I've been following this site on Facebook for quite awhile. Recently I've been reluctant to seek support from my husband, as he is temporarily over-stressed at work and I don't want to add to it. I'm hoping for education and support from this forum.

- Include your current condition as identified by your doctor
I'm experiencing daily pain from my neck. The doctor has identified varying degrees of herniation, stenosis, and DDD from C4-7. None of it is severe enough to warrant surgery.

- List any medication you are currently on
That's the problem. I can't take pain meds or relaxers as they give me severe constipation. I have been trying Flector patches, and they seem to reduce some of the pinching. I was scheduled for an epidural injection, but it was postponed until I find out why I have leukopenia.

- Identify the various diagnostic tests you have had and the results.
MRI and CT of C-Spine.

- List any prior surgeries
Discectomy in 2004 in the same area due to severe herniation. Doctor went in from the back because "it's too severe to go through the front"
Unrelated surgeries: 4 on my knee, hysterectomy, and two ovarian torsions. (Rest assured that I know what pain is.)

- Identify any upcoming surgery
I'm hoping to avoid surgery for as long as possible

- Describe your current medical problems
Near-constant burning between my shoulder blades, intermittent ache radiating down left arm, nightly stabbing pain up right side of neck. (unrelated: Hashimotos Thyroiditis, inflammatory lower back pain, constant severe constipation, low white blood cell count since June, surgical menopause)

I am 36, mother of two, and I am lucky in that I was financially able to quit my job when the pain became intolerable. My treatment is currently in a holding pattern until I see a hematologist next week to try and figure out why I have a low white blood cell count (leukopenia).

Thanks in advance for your support. I'm going to spend some time using the search functions here so as not to waste anybody's time.

• lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
    edited 09/23/2012 - 8:39 AM
    hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. i am sorry you are going through some hard times.. have you tried psyllium?? i use it in a fresh fruit shake every morning and it works wonders for me.. perhaps it will work for you as well. i am glad you are able to take time off from work to take care of yourself. stop by the forum anytime. there is always a spiney around to talk to!! good luck with your pain problems..i hope you learn something from your doctor next week!! Jenny