Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help understanding CT?

heatherj78hheatherj78 Posts: 16
edited 09/20/2012 - 7:54 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
i had a 2 level fusion on 8/15/2011. i have had worse pain ever since. i stay in doctors office no stop since that time bc of horrible pain. i was diagnosed with si joint dysfucntion bc xrays clearly show the left si joint is too wide. my ortho reported "definite si joint dysfunction with widdening of the left si joint" and been having to deal with that chronic pain as well as the lumbar pain.
i had a new ct monday after last months xrays from ortho and ct from april clearly showed no fusion at 1 maybe both levels.

here is the new report and i dont know what to think...

"postoperative changes from anterior interbody fusion across l4-s1 levels. the disc spaces and bony grafts remain discrete at both levels. correlation with the timing of the surgery and current symptoms needed to determine weather or not this represents a failed fusion. there is no arthropathy or reactive bony changes within the end plates to suggest this."

i understand that the last sentence says no arthritis and no bone issues but what does bony graft remain discretes mean? i clearly had no bone fusions at l4/l5 and almost none at l5/si so is this saying i do? it doesnt make sense to me. especially the amount of pain i have in that area after the fusion that i didnt have before.

anyone help me understand?

ps - the top part says disc spaces and endplates remain relatively discrete with no advanced bony fusion.