Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Funny thing hapens as i am purchasing an exterior door at Menards, Guy working there that i called to help get the right door off the top shelf as no way i am geting it down,
As he said he would just climb up and get it down but not allowed as he seems like he is in prety good shape and has another guy use a lift to get it down,

Of course i say years ago i would of just got it down myself being in construction and all before my back surgery,
His responce is he also had neck and back surgery back in 2004 same year i had mine,
He had artificial disc in neck and also lower back by a real good dr who i was actualy going to go see but did not sadly in 2004 ,
This guy feels a 100 % and you would never know he had artificial disc both neck and back, He plays golf and he said he could not even walk before his surgery but now can do anything he wants without any pain,

Boy did i screw up having mine done by another dr i told him as mine caused me so much complications with nerve damage having to later fuse it and now living with scs and still suffering for life,

He did receive a diferent artificial disc then me and we were both clinical trial with said surgery but i wish to god mine would have turned out like his did,

This guy is like a poster child for ADR,
As i am the poster child for failed ADR

He had 2 done and it worked as i had 1 on my lower back and my dr screwed up that 1 even, It realy does mater who you have do the surgery as they all claim they know how to do it,
It takes a good dr to do it in a way where they dont damage the nerve and it dont cause a life long injury to a person,

Its times like this that brings out the anger in me that my dr was a butcher causing such damage to my spinal nerve that nobody can fix and he can sleep at nite knowing the damage he probably caused to many other people with same surgery when he does not have what it takes to do this surgery without the damage,

Sometimes its just being at the right place at the right time i guess,
I knew at my 1 st follow up visit after my surgery as i complained of this nerve pain dr looking over his glasses saying i thought you had such nerve pain before surgery, and i knew full well that was never my complaint and he is in denial and is simply playing stupid,
I am not stupid so if he dont want to be honest and admit something went wrong and going to pretend my pain before surgery was other then what it actualy was we have nothing more to talk about,

Thats the last i seen of him as i dont deal with liers, I dont care if you do have dr before your name,
Anyone else if they screw up on a job would in honesty admit it and offer a way to make it right and fix it,
Even if it cant be fixed would offer the best solution to the problem and go from there instead of hiding behind the title name Doctor,

Thats my story and i am sticking with it !

Ps. The guy with the 2 ADR= I hit him in the head with a 2x4 before i left ! That will teach him to tell me his not in pain as i am suffering , Git-er-done
Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
2012 scs implant ,

• I was really feeling for you but can't stop laughing at your final comment. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Do git-er-done Alex. It can be hard to hear others successes when you do not share the same success. What kind of adr did he have put in?

I know how you said you wished you would have gone to see the doctor that the other guy saw, but know that in my case it's not always which doctor you have.

I went for a consultation with the doctor that did my adr surgery. While I was standing in the waiting room waiting ( for hours and hours) for my appointment, rocking back and forth, fidgetting ,and shuffling around with my cane, a guy came up to me and asked me if I had L5/S1 problems. I told him I did, and he told me that be could see the familiarities in how I was acting with how he was. He told me that he was 5 months post op adr surgery. He said that be never felt better, and no longer had any pain. He told me that he goes jogging 5 days a week now. I was completely impressed and I am sure that it weighed into my decision to have adr surgery with this doctor.

Now 7 months later, I am definately not jogging, more like walking like a snail short distances, and am definately still in as much pain. Almost makes me wonder if the guy was planted in the office with his success story.
    Actually I am very happy for the guy but wish that his success was everyone's.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • cactusredccactusred Posts: 46
    edited 09/25/2012 - 9:29 AM
    You know reading that Alex, I figured in the end you guys were gonna hit up a pub somewhere and have a beer, kind of share some war stories with the surgeries you both had. I could of seen it go that way, as opposed to you cracking him with a 2x4, hahaha.
    I do know what your saying, actually, with my low back problems, I've seen a local Neurosurgeon, and I like him, spent time with me, didn't insist on "WE GOTTA DO SURGERY NOW",

However, I'm actually flying out of state to an Orthopedic Spine Doctor that I'm really, really, really, excited to meet and converse my issues with. Doing a fusion out of state will complicate things, but just like you mentioned in your procedure, the Doctor, can make all the difference, and one we have to live with for a lifetime.