Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

• gaj399ggaj399 Posts: 270
    edited 09/24/2012 - 10:36 PM
    It may be something to do with the program to stop spam. I'll admit it's anoying, but I think worth it if it cuts down the spam any amount, like 1/2 or 1/3. If it is not at least that effective the annoyance factor starts to outweigh the benifits. Just my thoughts though.
  • BkinsBBkins Posts: 364
    edited 09/25/2012 - 3:51 AM
    it was just me or my computer. It is VERY annoying. After they changed the forum program a lot of things seem way less friendly. I'd like the old program back. Usually things get much better not much worse.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    controls to try to minimize the number of spammers we get every day. Just my team alone was spending almost 2 hours every day trying to fix the threads and posts. So, instead of helping others, we need to do clean up.

The extra step IS necessary will be the norm. We have been able to cut down many spammers, so instead of handling
    20-50 a day, we need get about 5 to 10.

The quick spammers , used to login with an automated script and post 30 to 100 nonsense posts and that leave.
    They use false email addresses and hide their tracks. But they rarely attack more than a couple of times.

The slower spammers are the ones that log on , act normal for a couple of weeks and then loose on their automated scripts to flood the forums with nonsense, they they leave.

Then we have those folks who are here on a normal basis, but create other members to do their dirty work.

We need to minimize all of that, and the Captcha is just one of many tools we plan to implement.

As far as the old system being different or friendlier, its the past and now we are in the present looking towards the
    future. With change there are always some areas that just dont seem to flow as they did before.

In a short time, any new system becomes second nature.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com