Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sciatic pain and traction

I injured my lower back last week by bending over without supporting my back while carrying a heavy item.

The result was that I spent the next 5 days on my back icing the area.

I now have a numb left foot and sore cocxyx.

Chiropractic adjustments helped to give me motion and ease pain.

Now the chiro is recommending traction to bring my lumbar spine back closer to a normal curve.

He says that could alleviate pressure on the nerve from L-5 impingement with some disc bulging.

Have any of you gotten relief from traction for sciatica?

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I've never had anything other than bad luck with Ciros. I'm sure there is good and bad. But my experiences has been bad with 4 that I went to over the years.
    Has he ordered an MRI or other high tech imaging. Or is he working in the "blind" with just an ex ray? Welcome to S.H.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • That way you can find a good chiro. My issues are at L5/S1. I've been seeing a chiro for about 5 years now doing both lumbar and cervical traction. Altough I am having issues, they are not issues that a chiro can help and he was the one that actually referred me to a surgeon. With traction I have a perfect lumbar curve. My neck is a different story but that is due to 4 rear-end car accidents and a desk job. Like I originally said. Do your research. There are good chiros out there.

Single level L5/S1 360 fusion with 6 screws and a rod (10/29/12)
    Diagnosis: Grade 1-2 spondylolithesis, Pars Defect, L5/S1 disc tear anterior and posterior, DDD, spinal stenosis