Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PEMF pain management systems

Hello ALL~

Have any of you heard/what are your thoughts on Pulsed Electomagnetic Therapy (PEMF)? I saw a show where Dr Oz was saying that it is the newest and greatest healing technology, yet I know of no one who has tried it. I guess I am to the point where I am willing to try anything. If Dr. Oz promotes is I am going to assume that it is on the up-and-up, right?

Thank you.

• I have not tried this, occasionally I watch his shows and the studies do not always seem to have been done on the products he is discussing on air. He usually states that experts are divided,or something to that effect when that is the case. The one that sticks out in my mind is a weight loss episode where there were a few weight loss herbal treatments, there weren't many studies done, and he did acknowledge that on the show, and suggested which one he would try based on the info he had. Basically, look at if there are double blind studies, peer reviewed research, etc. If you do try it please let us know, and welcome to SH.
  • My friend says it "saved her life."
    L5-S1 Fusion, Discectomy on 7/10/12
    Herniated Discs at L3-L4-L5-S1, Spondylosis, Spondylolethesis at L5, DDD, Partial CES, Lumbar Facet Arthropathy
    Chronic back pain since 12/2010 (slip and fall on ice)
  • Its just interesting to me that a person has a show and says things like this is good or you should take this and then off camera he doesn't support any products and will not allow others to say anything like Seen on the Doctor O show. He supports none of the products.