Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Beat it

Sorry i havent been here in a long time, but thats another story.

But today i beat the nicotene monster.
I have been smoke free for 1 year today.

So anyone who is tryimg to quit, dont try, just do it.

I smoked for almost 40 years, and when i went to quit i used chantix for 5 days then said the heck with this and put the bottle of pills in my dresser draw, and quit cold turkey.

And as i said today is 1 year.
I admit there are times i miss having a smoke, but i get my mind on something else right away, and just set your mind to doing it.
Granted everyone is different But im here to tell ya, it can be done.

To the regulars on spine health again sorry i havent been around I'll be back just i have to much to deal with so i have been avoiding any kind of discussions about all this stuff.

My best to everyone.
advertisement

Comments

• Hey jim. Long time no see, Hope all is well, I was gone for a long while myself with lot of stuff going on myself,
    Congrads on stoping smoking, I should myself but it is realy hard when its a long time habit,

If i stoped i might kill someone ! Take care,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • i am one week today !! i have a long way to go !! .in the uk we are doing a stoptober campaign i started a week early .and i can feel the difference already .i had a cold type thing for the first few days and a nasty taste in my mouth but now its going .i have been swimming more and sleeping better .only one day i felt like smoking ...but did not {yay me} and as one week passes i feel good about my self ..i know its early days and i would love to have been stopped a year like you .{i have stopped on previous occasion for ten years and 5 years and many little stops anything from a week to 3 months ..i am wanting to STOP for good this time .i have a grandson/or daughter on the way this time so a big incentive to stay stopped
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
This discussion has been closed.