Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Who are you?

What is your definition?
What is your defining quality?
How do you stand head and shoulders above the faceless, nameless crowd?
Ime sorry, the crowd all have names and faces, but in your isolation, you may forget that.
The beast is such that it will use your own strengths against you.
One aspect is isolation.
you think that know one understands, can understand, or will understand you and the burden you carry...
or, is it a burden??
is it really a burden?
how do you define "you", and the set of symptoms from what is wrong with you?
That is what pain really is, its flags from your body, mind and soul that there is something ontoward going on...

Therein lies the rub,
You cant fix it.
There is no way out of this.

First of all, here is the bottom line.
Accept You are right here, right now, in this time.

Before anything else, this must be done, if you cant ...
then our conversation is over.

The fact your still reading is a good sign no?
Pain is personal, it is intensely internalised and misunderstood.
when you have had enough, and your beaten and lying bleeding in the gutter of your despair, its easy to accept that this is so terrible that no one can or will understand this unending agony.
no one has experienced pain for so long and hard such as this...
and no one can understand how bad it is, and that they couldnt take it like i do...
sound familiar? there is a touch of arrogance, a touch of pride, and a touch of depair.
the arrogance is the remnant of your former self trying to establish one last hold one a life long past.
why yes, for who else can endure such pain as you have? this is one of the more important tools you have to fight this beast
This is your self respect at war with the beast, every day, every hour, every second of your new life. this will not let go as long as there is hope for a better day.
Your self worth cannot war against pain forever, it must be bolstered up with the hope for relief from somewhere.
what battle has not been won by the one with the most heart to win?

All those people have names and faces, and they are watching the battle your waging, within and throughout. and they are learning,

Who you are
What you are
and what your made of.

be that story
be that person
be that one person who changes their life!

be that one person who is spoken of in hushed reverent tones
the person who is like "this" yet look how they carry themselves
Look at the dignity,honor and courage

Be that person to the masses

You can be the living lesson that they will seek to emulate, so ..
see, your not alone, in the crowd

go forth and be the allegory
be the face of pain
and honor
and courage
dignity, fortitude and an unbending, unbreaking heart

William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Wow you freaked me out at the begining of your post ! I thought we had a jumper !
    But further reading ye i get it and very true,

Only problem is i read it only wearing underwear as i just got out of the tub,
    Made the dignity ,honor and pride , courage and be that person to the masses i ran naked out in the backyard screaming, I am in pain and i am not going to take it damn it ! Lucky i ran back inside before the cops tazed my ass !

I agree we have to keep our pride and dignity as life has taken so much from us and sometimes thats all we have left to hold on to, Thats why i take anyone who frowns upon anyone with a disability which includes chronic pain very serious and have become extremely offensive as i see society looks down on those less fortunate as they realy dont understand it and often need a kick in the ass to see the light as the world is not so simple and not always just black or white !
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,