Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie with Recent SCS Implant

Hi everyone!

My name is Kat Gonderinger, and I had a St. Jude Eon Mini implanted in June, three months ago. The doctor implanted it in my upper left buttock -- just below my waist. I had developed CRPS (Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome) after a bad injury and two surgeries on my left foot -- one in 2010 and one in 2011. The pain didn't ever go away and was excruciating all the time.

I am VERY HAPPY with my SCS, and now I don't know how I could live without it! In my opinion, it was worth the pain & downtime. I was allowed to walk initially, but was not allowed to lift more than five pounds (and not above my waist), bend, twist, stretch, push, pull, or turn for 3 months afterwards. At the 3-month checkup, I was told to take it easy but allowed to do all the movements, but I am not allowed to lift more than 5 pounds above waist level for another 9 months! The doc said he wants to allow that time because I don't heal very quickly.

I charge my SCS twice a week -- on Wednesday evening and Sunday evenings, while watching a movie on TV. It has become a habit, and is also on my calendar. I can sleep on my back or sides, and a little bit on my stomach, but not arching my back.

I'm looking forward to talking with everyone, and if you have any questions about my SCS, please let me know!
Kat Gonderinger

• Hi and welcome, Glad the scs is working out for ya, I had mine put in in march of this year for failed back surgery for nerve pain but mine is not helping much,
    They were going to use the st jude also on me but rep never showed so ended up with heck i forgot the name now !
    Oh well i will just say the other 1 ,

I might let them move the leads and see if i can get beter benefit out of it but for now i am fully charged like the energizer bunny,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,