Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help with disability application and lawyer

I hope I have posted in the correct topic, I am in need of some advise please. I was advised from my lawyer to do a application for ssi and ssdi in March, 2012, I received my denial letter stating we found you not disabled due to the fact you said you where disabled because of steno sis, sciatica and depression.

I was mortified as I have several severe issues, to name a few para central disk"indenting" spinal cord, Thoracic Spondylosis T-8-through T-12. Retrolisthesis Grade 2, Severe disk space narrowing and desiccation of the disk in 4 places, moderate to severe ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and arthropathy,. Myleopathy, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis and ADHD, my MRI is 4 pages long. Letters from my Dr stating could not work etc along with the physical exam explaining limitations etc.

I was feeling very hopeful for the outcome and to get a letter denying me because of stenosis and sciatica I was shocked.

Do you know how this happens? They did not take my MRI into account to make there decision, also no records from even my primary care Dr. Is that why you get a lawyer to make sure they have what they need? I asked several times if anything was needed, anything else I could do, no just wait, So for 7 months we waited on a decision that had nothing to do with the big major problems. I have asked my attorney how this has happened, he has now gotten to the point of he will no longer e-mail me. He will only talk on phone or an office visit.

Have any of you dealt with something like this before? Do you know if you can just drop your attorney, I have not had to pay any fees, only if case is one. Any help or experience would be appreciated.

• I just had my Disability Hearing on Dec. 17 after being denied 2 times in 3 years... we have many of the same problems so I think you should call one of the Disability Attorneys that will work for a percentage... It helps... at my hearing the Judge approved me on the spot...
  • Just have your attorney file an appeal.Don't be too discouraged, 99% of people get denied the first time, and many more will get denied two or three times before finally getting approved. Good luck to you!
  • Yes, you can drop your attorney and not have to pay any fees. I did in July, cause I hired an attorney in February that was supposed to file SSD for me. After 6 moths of waiting with no paperwork being sent to me or phone interview, I got curious about what was going on so I called Social Security. To my surprise that attorney had never even filed my initial application. I was so mad. I immediately called and fired them. They were not very happy and they even begged me to stay with them. I filed online myself that evening. I hired a new lawyer within the next week. The new lawyer was very thorough and assisted me thru everything. Turned out she used to work for the lawyer's office that I had fired....lol. A piece of advice make sure they get every piece of medical info about you. I listed every doctor I have been to for my back problems and bipolar disorder issues. A decision was made on December 4 and I was approved. It was my first time to file.

Discectomies 05/08 and 04/11, fusions L4-5 Feb 9,2012 and L3-L4 June 28,2012, Staph infection washout 3/2/2012, Bulged L5-S1. SCS trial on January 17th, 2014, which was a success! Permanent SCS on February 20th.
This discussion has been closed.