Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does it Ever Work?

I have a herniation at L5 S1. I've done lots of reading.

The next thing on the docket for me is an Epidural Spinal Injection. I am desperate for something to work.

I'm disheartened to read so many bad experiences and times when they haven't worked.

Do these every work? When they do does it ever last more than a few days?

• I've talked with plenty of people at the Pain Management office who rave about them and have said that the injections have given them their life back. I keep going back for different injections and procedures in the hope that THIS TIME it will work. It can't really hurt to try, right?
    L5-S1 Fusion, Discectomy on 7/10/12
    Herniated Discs at L3-L4-L5-S1, Spondylosis, Spondylolethesis at L5, DDD, Partial CES, Lumbar Facet Arthropathy
    Chronic back pain since 12/2010 (slip and fall on ice)
  • I have a herniation between L4&L5. I was going to a chiropractor and kept having back spasms which finally went into my right buttock. He told me I needed to go to the doc and get oral cortisone. I did that the first of august. It worked and the spans got better and the numbness in my ankle and big toe went away. I was able to slowly regain doing my normal tasks but had to be careful. I didn't need to use the cane. I strained it a few times and tried to be careful. A couple weeks ago I had did something that hurt and brought back the numbness In my ankle and toe. I called the doc and got an mri two weeks ago and got my first epidural steroid 5 days ago. Before the who I could not stand up straight without pain shooting down from my lower back all the way down my leg to my ankle and big toe. I can stand straight now with a little discomfort in my ankle. I am hoping to see continued improvement. I go back to be reevaluated in a week and a half.
    One can complain because rosebushes have thorns-----
    or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.
  • but after the third time I got nothing out of it. My fusion surgery is scheduled for the 20th of November.
    XLIF 2-4 on 11-20-2012