Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

time to get back to the work i love

Hi all, letting you know how much i have appreciated your support, although i am still having the ongoing struggle with functioning with the pain its 5 months since my op and i am missing my work so much. i am organising to start just one day a week and build up from there. still havent had appointment through from pain clinic re cortisone injections in back of head but i dont want to just keep waiting til the next appointment. if i give it a go i can increase at my own level (an advantage of being self employed!) i will let you know how it goes!!

take care all, Joe i hope you have a time of peace and steadiness, you seem to have been hit from all angles for far too long now.

wishing you all a managable day and a good nights sleep!

Tina Ann

• Thanks Tina Ann your words are very touching and appreciated unfortunately no rest yet. On Thursday night September 27, 2012 I called all of my students houses, I teach fourth grade CCD, I left a message for most of the calls. On Friday morning the 28th I received a text message from my brother whom is a police lieutenant in the town I used to work for, he asked if I called a certain woman and I said I have a student with the same last name so I called to say your child is in my class and classes start on Sunday the 30th. He then asked if I called her to ask where is my money, turns out she is the payroll clerk for the township which has the nickname "the evil empire" I did not come up with that but wish I did. I had filed with the state to collect my pension because I am disabled and the state had contacted the township I had been employed by for 22 years until July 28, 2010 when I was terminated for something I did not do. People lied in statements and court and the employee who had filed assault charges against me had to drop the criminal charges because when he filled a one hundred million dollar lawsuit against me after breaking his wrist he changed his statement, then during the deposition with my home owners insurance attorney he changed his statement again and clearly said I did not touch him. I can't talk about the administration hearing because the town made sure I couldn't talk about it. Anyway back to this lady, after seeing my name on her caller ID she sent an email to the superintendent of public works (my former boss) saying I was harassing her for my money and she was terrified because now I know her phone number and address. The email was then sent to the township administrator who then sent it to the public safety director which initiated a police investigation. My brother said the town administrator wanted to speak with me so I went to his office and was basically interrogated by the administrator who asked if I did call this lady and leave a message, I said yes and showed him my class list. He then asked if I had called anyone lately and I said no then he replied if we check your phone records it won't show a bunch of phone calls to the town, I said go ahead and check, he then said if the message I left wasn't as I said it was it would be a different story. A few days later I called him and he said the lady admitted that she made a mistake and was "sorry", she reacted to the caller ID without listening to the message. My opinion is she was told by someone that I was a bad person, I did nothing but call a student's parent to introduce myself and I am treated like I committed a crime when the woman clearly made statements that were not true. I learned the hard way "you can't fight city hall". When I went to the administration court to get my job back I had PROOF that people lied but the judge just shrugged his shoulders at me. Now that is true organized crime, this lady recklessly slandered my name but it would not be worth it to sue. Part of my agreement was I was let go in good standing so if a town official made untrue remarks about me that would be a breach of contract, but they would not admit to it. I just started my physical therapy and when I move my head I have shooting nerve pain that starts in the back of my neck and goes to my arms and legs. I am still having problems sleeping and Friday the second day without pain meds I was tossing and turning all night. My wife had to work on Saturday and said I had kept her up all night because my body was twitching so much the bed was shaking, all night I had shooting nerve pain from neck to feet, it felt as bad as it did Pre surgery. I called neuro office Saturday morning and was connected with my surgeons resident whom was working the ER, he was the same doctor I saw the day after my surgery. He said call your primary too see if he will fill the script if not go to the ER and he would do it. My primary filled the script for me and I thank GOD because if he didn't I would of had to go to the ER. I left a message with the neurosurgeon's nurse and hopefully will talk to them Monday. I know something isn't right, it feels like my nerves are being squeezed and the back of my neck hurts and I can not get comfortable even with the meds. I hope the other bad areas of my neck are not acting up. Sorry for the rant Tina Anne I pray you are able to function at work without too much pain. God Bless, Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.
  • janeejjanee Posts: 10
    edited 10/12/2012 - 9:36 AM
    That's excellent progress, welsh lady. One small step…