Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello all

Hi, my name is Steve, I am 36 years old and a father of 3. Always suffered with my back really but since Jan 2012 I have been out of work and generally in server pain ever since. I have a large amount of medication to take each day which do not really seem to work at all. Physio has been a complete joke and had an epidural about 3 weeks ago that has only increased the pain even more making me practically housebound. The hospital has now told me that i am going to have to attend a more intense Physio which I really cannot see happening as I have a hard enough time getting in or out of a chair, I cannot stand for any longer than 30 seconds without almost passing out with the pain in my left leg. I cannot sit in the same position for longer than a few minutes. The only way I manage to sleep in by taking more than the subscribed dose of sleeping tablets, but after about three hours sleep, I an in so much pain as I have not moved while sleeping.

Anyway, that is more than enough of my complaining, hoping to make some new friends here and maybe find some new tricks to help manage my pain and to find out a little more about what I should expect next.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hopefully chat with some of you soon.