Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

If you are as chronically as unique as me...please read!

After reading numerous posts, this popped into my head. Please take what works for you out of it. No judgement, no rights and no wrongs! Good luck to all! Peace, Ellen

12 Step Program

1. Understand powerlessness through living in chronic pain by learning to live in the moment.

2. Believe in a greater power and know it is available at all times.

3. Choose to turn your will and life over to the care of God, as we understand Him.

4. Take inventory of yourself and remember you are human; you have needs and know it is okay to ask for help.

5. Admit to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of your challenges.

6. Prepare yourself to give your pain up and believe it will happen.

7. Ask for forgiveness from your shortcomings through the power of God.

8. Make a list of all persons you have not understood, or who have not understood you and be willing to make amends to them; including doctors, family, friends and caregivers.

9. Amend and reconcile yourself to those in your life whenever possible. Continue to take personal inventory of yourself and when you are wrong promptly admit it to yourself and those you may have hurt.

10. Seek prayer and meditation to improve conscious contact with God, as we understand Him, praying only for knowledge and His will.

11. Feel and know a spiritual awakening is taking place within your body. As a result carry this message to others in chronic pain and practice these principles daily.

12. Commit yourself to being in the present, and learn not to think in the past or the future.

Try it...it just might make a difference in your journey!

3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012
advertisement

Comments

• That's really nice Ellen. As I am fond of saying, "It may not help, but at least it can't hurt" 8-)
  • I have been reading so many posts with such desperate undertones....and believe me I understand desperate. I think what this does for me is remind me that other's have walked this path before us and have survived. I choose to be a survivor and on the days I dont feel like much of one, I read this kind of stuff. So, it doesnt take the pain away, it doesnt change the body I was born into, but it gives me a sense that there is a way to survive! So, I knew it wouldnt resonate well around here....I never want to come off as preachy....I just know that so many before me, so many on this board, have found a way to get through th bad days. I wish for everyone just a little peace in this pain journey! Ellen
    3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012