After reading numerous posts, this popped into my head. Please take what works for you out of it. No judgement, no rights and no wrongs! Good luck to all! Peace, Ellen
12 Step Program
1. Understand powerlessness through living in chronic pain by learning to live in the moment.
2. Believe in a greater power and know it is available at all times.
3. Choose to turn your will and life over to the care of God, as we understand Him.
4. Take inventory of yourself and remember you are human; you have needs and know it is okay to ask for help.
5. Admit to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of your challenges.
6. Prepare yourself to give your pain up and believe it will happen.
7. Ask for forgiveness from your shortcomings through the power of God.
8. Make a list of all persons you have not understood, or who have not understood you and be willing to make amends to them; including doctors, family, friends and caregivers.
9. Amend and reconcile yourself to those in your life whenever possible. Continue to take personal inventory of yourself and when you are wrong promptly admit it to yourself and those you may have hurt.
10. Seek prayer and meditation to improve conscious contact with God, as we understand Him, praying only for knowledge and His will.
11. Feel and know a spiritual awakening is taking place within your body. As a result carry this message to others in chronic pain and practice these principles daily.
12. Commit yourself to being in the present, and learn not to think in the past or the future.
Try it...it just might make a difference in your journey!
3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012