Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie here

dbhamddbham Posts: 42
edited 10/09/2012 - 12:46 PM in New Member Introductions
Hello all,
Around 10 years ago I was diagnosed with DDD when I had a c5/6 problem.
3 injections I was as good as new. Never reoccurred.

3 months ago I had pulled a muscle in my lower back. After several months of seeing my Dr. She sent me for a MRI when the pain started radiating in my butt and down my right leg.
MRI results are in my Sig.
So for the last 3 months I have been in tons of pain. Mostly been in bed.
On Unemployment. Going to see about switching to short term Disability. And also apply for SSDI with a atty. I don't see this being a quick fix.
Any how I have started my 2nd week of oral steroids.
Surgeon says injections are the next to do and if that does not help than surgery.
I hope the butt leg calf pain goes away soon. It's he'll!

L2/3 has a 3mm left lateral bulge in the annular with more
left focal paramedian protrusion and minute annular tear.
There is a 2mm left sided retrolisthesis and minimal below the intact
anterior longitudinal ligament are present.

L3/4 disk space, which is desiccated, there is a 2mm left lateral protrusion and annular
tear without significant central or foraminal stenosis or displacement of a contiguous intrathecal course
of the L4 nerve root.

L4/5 disk space there is evidence of a right lateral extruded disk herniation which has
extended inferiority to this level for a total length of 1.3cm.
There is a sequestered fragment which measures 5 x 6 mm in diameter.
There is significant comprmoise of the right L5 nerve root within the proximal mid lateral recess.
At the disk level there is evidence of a 4mm predominately right sided retrolisthesis and diffuse bulge at the annulus. There
is no foraminal stenosis.
L4/5 herniation13mm sequestered fragment L5 root compromise.
L3/4 annular tear.
L2/3 3mm bulge and annular tear.
Tens mpo combo system
Epidural L4 L5 28Nov12 / 12Dec12 / 26Dec12. All no relief :( SO FAR
MicroD L4 L5 May 23 2013