Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

butchbbutch Posts: 1
approx.20years ago , Doctor{neurologist?} in Houston,Tx., did an MRI,came back told me that all of the attachments to my spine looks like that of a "100year old? ? ? ?" the Doctor never told me what to expect in the future or any idea what was going on & why. Never told me what he recomended what *drugs*i should take or anything,believe that when told him that i didn't have Any INSURANCE ! he kind of blew me away,since he knew that i couldn't afford surgery or anything like that? ? ? ?
Since that time , the Burning in my spine feels like some one had poured HOT Burning Liquid directly into my spine & increased the amount of Burning i fell like the period of time the burning sensation last a little longer each time,the Lower Back around the Pelvis area feels like somebody had hit[pelvis area] with a Baseball bat as hard as they could , pain extends from lower back goes from spine to both sides of my body & some times , so Intense that i want to 'Scream as loud as possible' but the Intense pain does subside to the point that i can put up with it.
MY question is , if [approx. 20years ago] all of the attachments to my spine looked like that of a *100year old*, have no idea what they look like today & how much more pain can i expect? what is going to happen , what effect to the spine & anyother part of my body,am i going to have to look foward to? have no idea what is ahead of me , i'm [63years old] & if it wasn't for the Physical Disability would feel fairly young BUT [3Left arm/shoulder surgeries :told me that all of the meat{shoulder/joint area}looked like Hamburger meat, the Nerve[runs from Head to Left Shoulder area] was Streached to point of almost breaking?had to drill[5holes in Left arm*between elbow & shoulder joint*said that the area that the attachments from muscles to shoulder joint area was damaged to the point that they could not run the attachments back where they belonged so they ran the attachments thru the [5holes]drilled & stapled them to the front side of Left Arm.,also surgeons told me that a Nerve[that sent messages to all muscles to the Left side was traped between a disc & part of spine{????} & since it was traped for [4years] all of the Muscles{Left side} had deteroated to the point that they were G O N E,surgeon tried [3 steroid injections] the Surgeon told me need to Stop the injections weren't doing anything the muscles were G O N E & wasn't anything left to bring back. [3Neck surgeries , ended up fusing ALL but the top disc[told me left top disc alone so i would be able to turn my head
[now can turn my head approx.'1/3'] both ways{not alot}. went to Social Security office to sign-up for Disability Benefits,the Doctors,that Social Security sent me to did, inform Social Security that i was Permanently Disabled,but @ the end i was Refused because i still have the {Property/Building/Engine Rebuild Machinery},even though can not sell them , still Social Security says that as long as i have these[they call them Resources] they don't care that can't sell any of them & all of the Money that i get each month is my Social Security Retirement Ck{$516.00}a monthbut what can i do????
i'm on [Oxycodone 30mg/Lyricia 50mg/Prozac] they HELP , but the pain is still there every day{24/7} with very little relief.
the future dosen't look good , but it's what i was dealt,had to move back with MOM & DAD[he died approx.12years ago 'Lung Cancer] , Surgeon told me couldn't do very much for my self[lifting&such]tears back up just sweeping or any other moving of arms/body & etc.
PLEASE , need somebody to give me an idea what's ahead for me,i know that the pain isn't going to go away,was taking
Methadone HD,always Sleepy,tried everything but could not find anything to wake me up[tried Energy Shots] & whatever else could think of,nothing would HELP couldn't understand what was going on,until asked Pain Management Doctor,to switch the Methadone to something else,thats when we went to Oxycodone , overnite i was awake, almost like a miracle, i was awake
& when i woke up,had forgotten how much pain i had because when i woke up i felt all of the pain , had put me on Oxycodone
but wasn't doing the job i hurt & hurt bad,so went from [4times a day to 5times aday] HELP''d but by no means did the pain go away,had writen up the Lyrica 50mg for [2 a day]called Doctor back reminded him that while taking Methadone,his Head Nurse told me that needed to take the Lyrica on a regular patern{in-between each taking of the Meth.take a Lyrica}so Doctor EDITED told me to start taking the Lyrica{4times a day} maybe if can get the Lyrica in my blood stream,maybe it will HELP???
Know that i am probably rambling , but this a Serious & i need all of the HELP i can get PLEASE....
Hope i was able to explain my problem enough that some body can HELP me? ? ? ?

Post edited to remove name of medical professional by The Spine-Health Moderator Team

After reading your thread, we really believe that any explanations and help for you needs to be through formal medical professionals.
Even though it seems like you have seen many different ones, but that is even more of the reason why and where you need to seek help