Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Possible sciatica 7 years after spinal fusion

In April of 2004, I had a spinal fusion of L4-S1 with titanium rods placed to stabilize my spine. I began feeling pain, that resembles that of sciatica, yesterday. The pain is unbearable at times. Stems from my lower back, down my right buttock, down that hip to my heel. My 3 little toes tingle a lot & that is painful at times, too. I don't know how I could have anything pressing on my sciatic nerve, since everything in my spine should be stable. I have made an appointment with the surgeon who performed my fusion 7 years ago...my appointment is next Wednesday. I was just wondering if any one else has had this problem? I have a 3 year old son with special needs & a 5 month old daughter...so I'm hoping surgery is not in my future.

• Good luck with your appointment! It's not uncommon to have a few issues down the road after surgery I've heard. It could be just a flare up that needs a little physio to get you back to feeling good! I hope everything turns out well for you! Keep us posted.....

Different degrees of back pain since 1994
    Cortisone shots Jan/09
    Discectomy and lamenectomy April/09
    L5 - S1 spinal fusion July.13th/12
  • I occasionally have sciatic pain that comes and goes. Some days are horrible and then it will go away for months. I think it's pretty common.
    4 level posterolateral fusion L2-S1 with rods and screws and cadaver bone. Spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, sciatica, DDD, facet disease and arthritis. September 2002