Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Impotence with Penile and Rectal Pain

Hello to everyone who comes across this topic i have created and i am hoping to find similar men who are going through the same thing or have been diagnosed...I am a 40 year old male with not major health issues other than some lower lumbar issues when i was younger and still on occasion have some back pain, last summer some health issues hit me quite sudden rather than over a period of time.. Initially started with erection problems and then started having burning sensations and pain in my testicles which led to my Urologist visit, he ordered a ultrasound of testicles which showed a Varicose Vein and Hydroseal around my left testicle. He stated the majority of men to not have pain from this but what i have read says differently..He basically tried to shove a penis pump down my throat to address the erection issues, but i wanted to get down tot he root of the erectile issues, he mentioned a procedure that checks the blood flow to the penis but stated it was exspensive so he dropped the subject and told me he thinks it is nerve related.....Not longer after the visits i started having horrible rectal pains that just hit me out of no where and its random, it is usually occurs when i am laying down for bed or sitting to long and of course the discomfort from my testicles and sharp pains in my penis are of no help....Can anyone help me with this, they have ran so many blood tests to rule things out on top of a cat scan of the lower region and can't find nothing....

• and i am happy that you have brought it up as most men shy away from anything to do with there reproductive area.i am 46 and since i was around 39 i have not been able to have an erection with a woman {my wife] or on my own ! due to nerve damage caused on the 2 spinal surgery .i too have had the pains that you mention and next thursday i have an appointment with a urological plastic surgeon to investigate and discuss a potential reconstructive surgery on my bits ! {i will leave it up to your imagination as to why i need reconstructive surgery but it was a foolish thing i did 16 years ago!!!}.i am not bothered about the no sex anymore as i have been married for 16 years and my back pain has put a stop to sex even if an erection was possible i am unable to move as one dose to facilitate the act of intercourse .if i were you i would find another doctor and keep asking questions ..good luck my friend ..
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • MballardMMballard Posts: 101
    edited 10/11/2012 - 11:57 PM
    I've had pain in my naughty bits as well, from nerve damage. Sharp stabbing pains that come out of nowhere. And of course all of the narcotics - let's just say dry MOUTH isn't the only side effect. So rest assured, fellas, you are not alone in this. You wouldn't think a back injury could have an effect like this, but it's so far reaching. Best of luck to both of you - I hope at some point soon you'll be able to return to a healthy sex life.
    L5-S1 Fusion, Discectomy on 7/10/12
    Herniated Discs at L3-L4-L5-S1, Spondylosis, Spondylolethesis at L5, DDD, Partial CES, Lumbar Facet Arthropathy
    Chronic back pain since 12/2010 (slip and fall on ice)
  • I have pain in that va gee area sometimes really bad and I also cant feel anything anymore , all my parts are dead it would take a month of Sundays to maybe and I said maybe be able to wake the area up, I think it has to do with a messed up lumbar area ..I can only imagine that its much worse for a man because at least being a woman we can perform without feeling ..So sorry maybe someone can help you find a answer.. lol I like the way the last post read naughty bits !
  • If its any consolation, sex isn't necessarily the only method to making love, In just my opinion making love means showing your love, maybe by some snuggling, or whatever, sex isn't a requirement. 8-)
  • Personaly I think its highly over rated , if you love someone I just dont think that should be the big picture, but with that being said I know it has to be hard on a man..
  • I always stick my foot in my mouth! Sorrryyyyyy
  • backache99backache99 Posts: 1,338
    edited 10/15/2012 - 12:02 PM
    i can think of many funny ,,come backs ..but i wont ...dont want to get banned ♥
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • I would get a second opinion especially about getting the expensive nerve test, I'm not a man but I just had my Testosterone blood level checked and taking Androgel even though I'm a woman.

Do you have any lumbar spine issues? as some of us get groin pain and rectal stabbing at times but it could be something more serious. I hope you find a good Dr. maybe Neurology Urologist. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • You know guys, I feel so bad for you all as I suffer the same conditions except for the flaming icicles I feel like I'm forced to sit on. The rest of my spine feels like it is balanced on the tip if this icicle. I have no feeling from the front to the backe either. After 5 low back surgeries, and failed 4 level fusion, with a spinal fluid leak, nothing is the same. I am angry all the time and this is so fully disabling I sooo understand all of you're issues. Thank god I'm not crazy, you are the first ones to admit to these issues that I have seen. The docs will not do any more surgery to even try and help. The only thing that helps more is the fact that I am so allergic to meds I can only take low doses of Vicodin and soma. Most days are a train wreck and I know you all experience the same. Wish I would not wake up most of the time (no I have no death wish). I just feel for you all and certainly understand and empathize. I had a great fun job and now I can't do much of anything. I also have a nice tumor at t12 so my upper back and arms are pretty worthless. The best way I have come to describe it, it is like cancer with no end. You all take good care and hope docs come up with something. Sorry for the negativity but no one understands at all and it is too difficult to talk to even you're best friend with. I just tell them I don't feel well and excuse myself.
  • I have now been overrun with mid back pain and unable to raise my arms above my head without extreme pain shoulders neck and mid back. I know that I also have a hermangioma at t12 and wonder if that could be the source? I have also been looking around and most of these symtoms and it leads me towards MS as a secondary to my first reported problems.

I have been to so many doctors and don't want to see any more. Besides it is a difficult problem to diagnose in the first place.

You all have a very good holiday and thanks for all the replies, just hope my situation will be over very soon. My best to all of you in the future, it is nice to know that others care in this time of me. Stay well or get better. You all are very caring. Take care.
  • The rectal pains seem to confirm the nerve diagnostics. Have you been checked by a neurologist/neurosurgeon regarding your back issues?
  • patrain17ppatrain17 Ottawa area, CanadaPosts: 103
    I can relate to what most of you guys/girls are talking about. I've been having testicular, groin and hip pain for about the last 15 years of my life (I'm 40 now). I had a decompression/fusion surgery last year (fused from occipital to c3). Curiously, since then I have a lot less testicular pain, but the groin and hip pain has been worst. I also have problems with my thoracic spine (cyst) and lumber spine probably due to the condition I had on my cervical spine (so they say). Sex is now difficult because of my back pain and the groin and hip pain associated with it. Just wish there was something we could all do about it. Why do we have to go trough all this?
This discussion has been closed.