Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Help Leg pain and sore hip

Daveys72DDaveys72 Posts: 2
I was involved in a work accident 10 months ago I fell down 3 stairs lost my footing and landed on cement stairs with a metal lip, been to physio 2 times no success, chiropractic, massage, had various treatments, also 1 ct scan as well an MRI
looking for some help with answers L5-S1 from the MRI it states there is right lateral bulging of the disc into the nerve root foramen with moderate posterolateral displacement of the exiting L5 nerve root. There is also a small left paracentral disc herniation without significant nerve root compression,not sure what this means except in the past when i went to physio it hurt the more I did and when I have to do anything physical it gets worse,at night time it hurts a lot down my leg my sleep is hard toss and turn most of the night my butt burns always sometimes feel like a knife is in there and my right hip hurts I cant stand or sit for long periods of time any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance
Dave Callahan

• ...for the neuropathy?

Didn't see anything in your auto sig.

Many of us have it and are taking stuff.

I am a Nortriptyline person as Amitriptyline is too sedating, and Neurontin is too much of a nixed bag for me.

The *triptyline's also help take a bite out of your mood if you are in pain as they are just a sub-dose of old school TCAs.

Best Wishes
    Jun 2011 -TLIF @L5-S1
    Mar 2012 -NonUnion @L5S1
    May 2012 -Multi Level Discography
    July 2012 -XLIF 2Cages @L3L4/L4L5
    Aug 2012 -All New Hardware @L34L45/L4L5/L5S1
    Mar 2013 -FBSS = Pain Management until they figure it out.
  • Daveys72DDaveys72 Posts: 2
    edited 10/17/2012 - 5:04 PM
    I am taking Arithrotec 75 mg and tramecett 37.5 mg for the pain but has not worked and I also have tried other meds as well as T3 and lyrica never seem to help
    Dave Callahan
  • I also get really bad hip pain except on the left side. I have bilateral issues and I have a single level fusion scheduled for 10/29/12. I have a really hard time sitting and often have trouble sleeping. I have found that sleeping with a pillow between my legs helps and sometimes a pillow underneath my legs and then in between my legs helps. Sometimes nothing helps. It totally sucks. I have also found that alternating ibuprofen with the lortabs seems to provide relief. I think the ibuprofen reduces the nerve inflamation while the lortabs attack the pain. Of course the muscle relaxer and anti-anxiety meds might also have something to do with it.

Single level L5/S1 360 fusion with 6 screws and a rod (10/29/12)
    Diagnosis: Grade 1-2 spondylolithesis, Pars Defect, L5/S1 disc tear anterior and posterior, DDD, spinal stenosis