Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking at 4th surgery and need help going forward.

My first surgery had to stop due to a blood disorder that I was not aware of. Had multiple screws and wore a brace.Second surgery finish the fusion that was from T6 to S1. I had a challenging recovery but 2 years out it was discovered I had cracked one of the rods. (I thought the rods were not supposed to crack.) Had 3rd surgery which supported original rods so now I have 4 rods, 2 plates, and a bunch of screws. My last visit 3 weeks ago with my ortho. surgeon discovered I had cracked the supporting rod in the same location on one side. Having CT Mylogram and EMG next week to help my surgeon decide on the right approach. Any guidance or resources would be great. It would help to hear from others in a similar situation.

• to the forum. That is a big fusion as you are well aware. Usually when I hear of somebody breaking screws or rods the first thing that comes to mind is what have you been doing that might have caused the break. Are you twisting or trying to lift something like a kid? I also wonder why only 2 plates for that sized fusion. Was the fusion done as a 360 where they go in from the front and back? What has your surgeon said about the rods breaking?

I had a screw break in one of my fusions but in all honesty I can't say I was overly careful in protecting my back. I am now after having a revision surgery to fix the non fusion and broken hardware.

Let us know what your tests show and what your surgeon says about your situation. I will be interested to hear.

Good luck there............