Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Burning midback pain

I have been suffering for almost a year.The gp I have seen,hasn't come up with any answers. A little history:In 1998,was rear-ended with a whiplash injury,that landed me in the hospital for a week,in traction and pain. Ever since that accident,my neck and thoracic are tight,painful and spasms. In 2002,developed pseudotumor cerebri,and had an lp shunt put in. If I move the wrong way,or lift anything heavy,my back pops,and have severe pain,sometimes in the lower back. I also thought I was having a heart attack,due to chest pain and heaviness.I didn't realize that all of this probably relates to my back. Recently had a regular xray and it showed disc space narrowing at T11-12 with mild anterior endplate sclerosis.Mild s-shaped scoliosis.Disc space narrowing at L4-5.Mild facet hypertrophy at L4-5 and L5-S1.Subtle lucency at the pars interarticularis on the lateral view may represent spondylolysis.Epidural catheter seen to enter posteriorly at L1-L2 and extend superiorly to the T10 vertebral body where it doubles back on itself with the tip ending at the T11-T12 level.Do you think my shunt tubing is hitting a nerve,being that it is in the same spot that I have disc narrowing? I have not been able to work,been fairly disabled and no pain medicine. Please,need advice.

• mickkrmmickkr Posts: 166
    edited 10/31/2012 - 7:15 PM
    maybe x-ray from a different angle might show something. I don't l
    know if shunt prevents you having an MRI, or a cat scan withy dye.
    I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde