Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Microdiscectomy micro-setback, or worse?

Hi all. I am a little past 5 weeks post op from L5S1 microD. Everything had been going great, 2 weeks returned to work & had been 3x week PT. As of last monday, I was better than ever!

Well those good feelings led me to do something i should not have at work. Tuesday,I tightened a vice and instantly felt a "tweak" in mt back near incision site. The initial pain lasted about 4 hours, then faded. But still was not right.

Went to PT tues did 75% of exercises at 50% of what I had been doing. Left feeling good.

Woke up weds super-sore. Got through work with meds.

Felt ok thurs AM, till about 11 am. Then sciatica crept in. Well I almost had a breakdown many times throughout the day betwwen 11 & PT at 4. Therapist explained to me that that type of "tweak" gets worse in the 2nd & 3rd day. Did massage, heat, stim & ice that day. Left feeling better physically & mentally.

Decided to work as little as possible friday & added extra PT. Again just heat, stim, massage & ice. Was told if sciatica persists, call DR monday.

All weekend OK, just did walking. Took it real easy. Walked into work today on cold, hard floors... and felt some sciatica. None of this has been anywhere near my pre-op pain. But I have had very little to no leg pain up until this setback, so it is very scary.

Calling doc today, my appt with him is not for 2 weeks yet. Hope to get some info but any similar stories, thought would be greatly appreciated!
L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!