Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

User name change

How can I change my user name?
Cant find it anywhere?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,841
    For a while, we were able to rename member names. However, because of recent number of SPAM and other problems, the overall decision on behalf of the Spine-Health organization was to NOT allow any member name changes.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I am a 68 yr. old man with my 3rd pain pump to be replaced on the 18th of July 2014. I had the first pump put in on August 13th, 1963 with Morphine. The pain Doctor has tried to change it to Dilandium (spelling no correct) and my body would not allow it after two tries several years apart. In Feb. of this year I had to have Rotator Cup repair and while recovering form this I started itching real bad and am now on Benedrayl , and other medication to help control it. I told my Pain Dr. I thought that my body has become allergic to the morphine in Pain Pump so she had mention about changing it to Fentnayl . This itching is really getting to me and I really need something that can control it. Is there a combination medication that can be put in that will control the pain as well as the itching. By the way I have had 6 lumbar surgeries and 2 cervical surgeries with 2 plates in my neck and also have scoliosis and had a gadget of some sort put in because of that problem. I also have Arachadonitis where the nerves in lower back have all clumped together. Can you suggest a combination medication for pump that take care of pain as well the itching also. Thanks and be blessed this day!
  • Welcome to Spine Health.

We can't make medication recommendations. In fact, due to your having the pump, there are only certain medications that can be used in the pump due to preservatives and additives, and because the medications are directly added into the spinal fluid, they want sterile medications with no additives. However, you can talk to your pump doctor or even contact the pump manufacturer about what medications can be added to control the histamine reaction. You may be able to take an antihistamine over the counter to combat the itchiness of the medications in the pump.