Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hey, everyone.

I'm 2 weeks shy of my 3-month post-op mark. I had an L5-S1 PLIF in July. I've been doing a lot better although I am a little bit sore still.

I'll just cut to the chase – my girlfriend and I haven't had any sexual contact since before surgery. Not only have we both been really busy but it's difficult to get into the mood when I'm sore. My surgeon said that we could have sex as soon as 2 weeks post-op so long as it's passive on my part.

We want to try having sex some time soon (tomorrow night, ha) and I guess I just wanted to know what other people have done in regards to sex. I don't need in-depth details but have you any of you found sex difficult? Painful? Not worth trying? When did your sex life return to normal?

Thanks for the help!

• Hi there..... You and I have had the same surgery on the same month. Mine was on the 13th......yes....it was a friday!
    I still have little desire to "mate" with my wife......maybe because we've been together for the last 22 years! lol Seriously though , the drugs you were, or are on ,are "nerve pain" killers and our member is a long (sometimes , :) ) piece , filled with nerves. Generally your body isn't going to act the same when taking these kinds of meds...... and the pain is another thing. Didn't your girlfriend ever tell you she had a headache when it was party time? Well.....our pain is like a headache on roids!!! If you want to , go for it.....I think you can handle it by now.....I did! Take Care!

Different degrees of back pain since 1994
    Cortisone shots Jan/09
    Discectomy and lamenectomy April/09
    L5 - S1 spinal fusion July.13th/12