Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

so tired of being in pain!!

I am a 45 woman that used to be pretty active but last year after a minor accident involving a go cart,I had 2 neck surgeries.The 1st was acdf where I had a plate put over 3 disk and 2 cadaver disk put in.My bone was so bad that on the right side it would only hold 1 screw.then I had the nerves decomp'd on the back of my neck.Very, very painful surgery.I already had back pain and in Feb. this year my NS did mri on my lumbar area and it showed that I have 4 slightly bulging disk, foraminal stenosis in l4-5,L5-s1 and disk desiccation from L2-L4 and DJD in l4-5,L5-S1.I left my job the end of April and havent had insurance until the end of Sept.I saw my NS again about the constant pain in my behind and down my legs and the pain in my feet,along with the muscle spasms in my legs and numbness in my foot.I have been just miserable with the pain and found if I rested,it helped but that was doing nothing but laying down.Its less painful to stand than to sit at this time.My NS went out on medical 5 days before the surgery so I saw another one from his office yesterdday.He is making me get an emg on both legs.I have one last year on my neck that showed chronic nerve root damage.I am so frustrated and in fear for this test.I feel like my life is on hold till 11/9 when they do this emg.I get that he wants to make sure the surgery will help with the pain.I believe that he only read the radiology report and didnt look at the mri.I have learned that the report is 1 persons interpretation.My other NS looked at the mri and believed that a bilateral hemilaminotomy would aleviate the pain.I'm just not sure anymore of what to do.I am fighting depression as I have been in chronic pain for over 5 years.I was dx with fibromyalgia about 4 years ago.Thank you for letting me vent and any advice would be a blessing!
Kim Mathison

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. i am so sorry you are suffering with so much pain!! perhaps being around others who feel as you do will help you to feel alittle better.. it sounds as if you are feeling very hopeless!! please try and remember that changes come with every day and tomorrow will be a better day!! please have a look around and make yourself at home.. stop by anytime!! there is always a spiney around to talk with!! good luck as you manuver for pain relief!! Jenny
  • I am a Christian and feel like I've let God down a lot llately.I am trying not to be hopeless but this pain is for the birds for sure.I love this forum,I've been looking on it a week or so and have found solace in reading about others bc it makes me feel more normal I guess.A lot of us have chronic pain and it is a blessing to find this.Thank you so much!
    Kim Mathison