Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anybody have nerve conduction test(emg) on legs?

I've had acdf and nerve decomp.I had a nerve conduction test on my neck before 2nd surgery and it was very painful.I have bulging disc from L2-S1,foraminal stenosis L4-S1,L2-L4 disk desiccation,DJD L4-S1 and a pinched nerve at L4-5.I had that mri in Feb. 12 but bc I'd had 2 neck surgeries with Nov 2011 being the last we decided to wait on trying to fix the sciatic pain.I saw my NS about a month ago and he scheduled me for a bilateral hemilamenotomy.He ended up going out on medical bout 5 days before surgery so I saw another dr. in the practice.Now he wants me to have a nerve conduction test on both legs to make sure.He didnt look at the mri,only read the radiologist report.I'm in excruiating pain in back,both legs,feet and muscles in legs.I'm scared bc I know how bad the one on my neck was.I'd appreciate any experienced voices.thank you for listening to me.

Kim Mathison

• I haven't had nerve conduction testing and EMG on my neck or legs, so I can't compare, but I have had it twice on my arms and didn't find it too bad. It wasn't what I would chose to do to pass the time, but it was doable.

Perhaps it is worse on the neck - I don't know.
    I hope that you will find it easier next time.

• thank you jellyhall for responding. I guess we'll see!
    Kim Mathison
  • I think you must be Canadian, by asking about this, I had one done in July 12 on my legs, two parts one with electrodes, just a mild sensation,Part two with needles placed in various places then a current placed through, This was a little more intense but not that bad, I have just gone through surgery and had 2 level fusion, with decompressions @ L4/L5, I too had leg/back /buttock/hip pain, before and happy to say I am on the mend with just nerve pain in right thigh, which is tolerable compared to the pain I was in pre op, Take care and I hope you get sorted out
  • i had one done last year, it was awful for me, he was shocking the hell out of me.hope yours is better good luck
  • No shocks, just very minor tingles / twitches. Didn't take long either.
  • Davey16,I live in the good ole state of GA.I appreciate the input on this.
    Kim Mathison
  • I have had the test on both of my legs, they did two different things during it, i dont remember what they called it, but it wasnt horrible, just uncomfortable, nothing unbearable though, im guessing you already had this done because i just looked at the date. But you will have to let us know how it went!
    Anna Renner
  • My appt. isnt until 10/31 and that was moved up from 11/9 bc I called today and ask for a sooner time bc of the pain and numbness.thank you for replying.
    Kim Mathison