Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

the best made plans.... oops

well i had let work know i was going back, i paid out for my prof ins and was looking forward to getting on with it despite pain in back of head.

weekend before last i got up in morning with huge difficulty, 8/10 pain in lower back, from mid buttock, down back of left leg, front bottom of leg and into foot. walking is a nightmare, after a couple of days and it not getting better i went to dr who thinks this is not to do with my neck and is sending me for emergancy appointment with surgeon. that has come through for end of month so will let you all know how i get on.. frustrated as hell, disappointed not to be able to resume work. and beginning to wonder just what i am going to be dealing with next!

• ouch2oouch2 Posts: 1,270
    edited 10/19/2012 - 3:14 AM
    So sorry to hear that you are dealing with new pain, and just when you were going back to work. From your post, I can see that you have had cervical problems in the past? Did you have surgery? Do you know if you have any lumbar problems as well?My symptoms sound very similiar to ones that you are experiencing, and I have problems from L3-S1 and coccyx.

Hope that your appointment goes well and that you are able to have some diagnostic testing done. Please let us know how it goes. Hope that your pain eases up.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Hi Karen,

yes i had surgery in may this year, c5/6/7 with two cages, top plate and 6 screws, born with c3/4 congenitally fused. still have lots of pain from the myelopathy. then the extra occipital pain they think is coming from c1/2. but now its lower back. i know i have an extra bone at the base of my spine (think i must have been missing link!!lol) so goodness knows what is happening now, think its all going at the same time! its seems just when you have got your head around things and found a good point of perspective life kicks you again.... i admit i am fed up with it at the minute and struggling to stay in a good place emotionally, but you cant keep a welshlady down!! thanks for your support, i hope you too have a good day with your pain managed as best as can be. (:-))
  • Karen I am sorry you are having issues and pray the doctors find and fix the cause, it's frustrating to be in pain and having people say you had surgery you should be fine. When you see doctors they act like you're drug seeking, that irritates me because doctors always say patients are different but when it comes to pain it's always other patients whom had same surgery are fine you should be also. I hope you find relief soon and keep posting even if its to rant, us spineys know the pain is real and care about each other. God Bless, Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.
  • hi,
    this forum site is very interesting and useful because daily new information updates.i don't know.