Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to this..

Renner1111RRenner1111 Posts: 5
edited 10/19/2012 - 6:31 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello! My names Anna, I am 21 years old, I was in a work comp injury, and then 3 weeks later a bad car accident. Due to this i have 5 disc herniations, as well as i found out that i have schuererrmanns disease, mild scoliosis, and multi-level disc degeneration disease.
I have done a years worth of Physical therapy, as well as pain management medications, but i am out of options for basic conservative treatment. Next wednesday i have my first facet joint injection, and am a tad nervous but hopeful. I am in school for surgical assisting, and start a 3 month externship next week, so you can all use medical terminology with me, i understand it all! Does anyone know what happens next after the inejctions if they don't work, what the next option is? Is it surgery?

Anna Renner

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,874
    I know the situation can be very frustrating, aseptically when do not see any progress or relief.

But I am aslo certain that the answers you are looking for are in the professional medical field only. There is no on on this forum that is qualified to answer the questions you pose.

Even if we were qualified, its almost impossible to give sound suggestions and advice without really knowing all the details.
    There may be some similarities in conditions, but no two people fare with tht.

So, what you were hear from the member community will be their own personal views based on their own experiences.

Now for me, it was different I already had 7 spinal surgeries, but later on starting having more problems, herinated thoracic discs, more problems with L4/L5. I spent all my efforts figuring what I could do to not have another surgery. That included over 18 months in Physical Therapy, 10 months in Aqua Therapy, 9 months of painful but successful Thai Deep Tissue massage, Acupuncture, scores of spinal injections . So for me it came down to: The doctor(s) saying there is nothing left to do but surgery
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Right i fully understand that only a doctor can give me that answer.. Just was curious if other people out there had a situation where they not only had an injury, but as well as a deformity prior to the injuries. I as well have gone through Deep tissue massage, chiropractic, aqua therapy, conventional physical therapy, TENS units etc etc.
    AND yes. Its extremely frustrating and confusing to because i have car insurance paying for my mid back problems, my work comp claim paying for the low back problems, and then it gets all mixed up and is super stressful for a full time student. haha
    Anna Renner