Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new to the website

Hi my name is Ashley and i am new to this site and still learning and wondering if some terms mean the same thing...i found out today i have a ruptured bulging disc...i was looking for information and when searching for ruptured it pulls up herniated disc i was wondering if these are the same thing? or where to go on the site for the proper information...Thank you for this site as it is very helpful in seeing what other people are going through and to also be able to research and have videos to take you step by step...also curious if anyone has had epidural site injections and what the outcomes were weather they were negative or positive because no body reacts the same to treatment but would like to hear some experiences before going back to the doctor any help would be greatly appreciated :) hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

• if you type the thing that you are looking for in the find box ..say fusion.. anything on fusion will come up for you to read including the professionals views on things .but its a good idea to read what we have to say as we live with our pains and problems ..some of us for many years ,you will always get a response on this site as its so busy and well visited
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • You shouls be able to find alot of info on the forums that will help you. Those tems do get mixed alot, I think that ruptured & herniated mean the same thing, the disc wall has broken and the good stuff is coming out. bulging though may mean that it is protruded but not broken. Really though I think its all semantics. What matters is if that disc is bothering or pushing on the nerve.

ESI's can help, mine were slightly helpful. The herniation was too large & had hardened though. I ended up having a MicroD surgery at L5S1.

Surgery wont be considered though, unless emergency, until you go through the motions of PT or Chiro, sometimes oral steroids, and ESI's. Insurances want you to try all options before they approve surgery. Hopefully you dont have to go that far down the road.

Good luck!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!