Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

T11-T12 Issues and more

Good Day everyone,

I am a new member here, and in need of some advice from people that actually listen. Im sure most of you know where im coming from on that comment. I was diagnosed 1.5 yrs ago with a disc herniation between t11-t12 also come to find out my t12 is fractured. My t10-tll has an annular tear in it as well. Also bulged is l5-l4. I am a 29 yr old male with the symptoms of: mid-back pain, rib and chest pain, left lower abdominal pain, left testicle pain usually puts me on my knees at times, and left thigh pain, also i get a warm sensation in my left leg like I just got done wetting my pants. Im sure if I did some research I could find a multitude of info on this site, but being a new member I wanted to introduce myself and give my 411 on my situation. I have done the PT for 9 months and made things worse, I have to the chiro and that didn't help. I also received 7 cortisone shots and 1 nerve branch block during this time. And my PMR doc i think dosn't understand jackcrap! He told me the next time I went in we would refer me to a neuro. I have done research on surgery to the thorasic region of the spine and Im coming up with nothing possitive. Thank you to all. Cheers!

• Hi could be worse, Im sorry you are suffering with thoracic and lumbar pain. I also have thoracic and lumbar and cervical problems. Have had 3 lamenectomies at L 4-5 over the past 14 yrs. and then a microdiscectomy in May of this yr. at T7-8 level. I had horrible chest pain and went through all the heart tests which were normal. Along with chest pain I had left uppe abdominal pain and rib pain on left side. I tried ESIs and anti-inflammatories which did not help. I have not been able to do PT because of so many issues with spine. I started having problems in Jan. with thoracic and had surgery in May. This may not seem like a long period of time but I had severe compression of spinal cord so had to have surgery sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately the surgery did not help. I have tried several more ESIs and am on pain medications and have more pain since the surgery. I had to travel 4 hrs. from home for the surgery because no one in area was experienced with thoracic since it is so rare. I am being scheduled for a RFA now since the disc looks to be fine and not reherniated according to MRI. I wish you luck in whatever decision you make. Just know that since they are rare you may have to travel and be seen by someone you are not familiar with. That was the hardest part for me. Please keep in touch with us and let us know what you decide. I don't envy your decision:(

• kamgram, it also nice to know that they're are others out there in similar situations that understand. I will be seeing my PMR doc on monday the 29th and hoping to get my referral. But just like you said, it seems like the thoracic region is always a grey area for neuro's and a lot of the time they dont even want to touch it, because of the risks and outcomes that could come out of it. I will keep fighting the good fight though. Lucky for me I just recently got married to an RN so I get some help out of my situation. HA HA, but then again she has got a perfect back and dosn't understand like evenyone on this site does. But she does deal with a lot of post-op patients that get back surgery and she is always learly of the could be outcomes especially at age 29. But then again I need to do my research on neuro's and make sure I do my homework right.