Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New kid on the block

RealmccoyRRealmccoy Posts: 2
edited 10/23/2012 - 5:58 PM in New Member Introductions
Well new to the site but long time dealing with Pain...

Hello folks,

I have been living with chronic pain since 1994. Yes, I have seen many PM doctors and had all the same old grind of pills, epidurals, etc.... I finally found a PM that really seems to care about the patient. He advised me that I might be a good candidate for SCS, Nuro stem or whatever you might want to call it.

I found this site after having my implant done. It is now post 7 days (1 Week) since implant. Learning what program helps with my pain signals and feeling there is more to life than living in pain.

Live does look better with a tool to help...

• Pleased to hear your good news story. Thanks for sharing it. Would you like to tell us more details?

• Dave,
    are you wanting the story of the journey or how I ended up with the SCS? I am still in the first week after implant of the unit. Having the setting (program) built for the location of the signals and the intensity has started. As I heal they told me it will take some time for the pad to adhere to the bone and will receive better signal.
    As the healing process continues I must get adjustment to the unit to send the signal where I need it.
  • Not had SCS, but reading posts here it seems like it takes quite a while to scar in and tweak the programmes.

When did you get your L5/S1 fusion done?