Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

This really isnt funny but I hope to make someone smile even though my scs trial failed..I turned it up and it made me knot up like crazy so I tried a lower setting and it still done the same thing but I was wondering if any of you feel or felt this, it made my butt feel like whipped pup I walked around with my tail tucked , I told my rep that it was buzzing strong right in my crack and she just looked at me like I was crazy!

• Well, sorry to hear it failed... But, I went in today for my rep to reprogram my trial and he asked where I was feeling the stimulation. I told him in my left arm, but if I turn it up too high (I'm pretty sensitive to the stimulation and have it set pretty low) I can feel it vibrate in my chest. He responded with a laugh and "we won't charge you for that stimulation, this time" hahahaha. Lol! It took a minute to register that he was joking :-)
  • Mel
    During the last day of my cervical test just hours before they were going to pull it the tape came loose and it slid down less then 4 inches and man did it stimulate my chest. Now I wonder if the leads are to low for you or the programing is off. Do you know where the leads are mine were up into c2 and maybe just into c1. The medtronics remote has some adjustments we can make for a higher or lower sensation on the body not just in power, I don't
    know what adjustments you can make. I don't care who you are that chest sensation isn't good..
    My lumbar unit allows me to get above my lower back and that is a very strange feeling also. At least I get lower back coverage that many don't.
    I hope its working better for you now after the reprograming

Sorry it didn't work for you. I need one for my neck and can't have it but I did the doctor to write a script for a IF 3way unit (interferental) I am sure I spelled that wrong. They retail for about $3000.00 and insurance cuts it down to about $900.00. They are like a tens unit but they are 50 times stronger electricly and work at a cycle so much fast then a tens that the muscles do not contract like a tens on a high setting. They claim they go deeper then a tens and it does work well on my neck maybe even the same as the SCS. Just a thought for you to try to get that pup out of the crack
    LOL'crack kills. Most of the time in a PT setting they use the IF and people think its a tens unit.
    If you have not tried one maybe its a option for you and Mel if her trial doesn't work out.
    Don't let anyone tell you the tens can do everything the IF does, they look and feel similar but are not.

Wish I had answers for you two.

Hey Mel if you turn yours way up it will give you super power to drag the old man to the doctor and kick his butt all the way there. OK better stop here LOL

• Rick,

It's much better now that a different rep reprogrammed it. He's really good.

The stim in the chest, not cool, at all. It actually scared me.
  • I will have to check that unit out , its strange my trial failed because the tens helps my lower back but with the trial it never would go that far up , just want to get on my behind and buzz and that did not feel good at all lol! I would like to try the new one that has a high intensity electrical impulse but you cant feel it, I did some reading on it and they are just starting to do trials its a nervo senza or something like that so maybe hope yet!
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 10/25/2012 - 7:25 PM
    Kentucky girl
    I found some more info on the new unit but it looks like in May of this year they just got a OK from FDA for a trial of up to 300 people so it's going to be awhile. In the trial half will get the new unit and the other will get a regular scs.
    It looks like the UK and Austriala are the only places using them now.
    What makes it worse is the company is not to far from me in Calif. We are always last in the US

Sorry its not good news
  • Hi glad to hear that they reprogramed it now lets hope it works
    Isn't it strange how another rep can make a difference, lots of ifs in this.
    Yes the chest sensation was not good I thought for a few seconds that maybe I was having a heart attack or something like that until the old brain kicked in and said shut it off. Another reason to always have the remote with you. Oh well part of the learning curve.
  • as well but fortunately not in my chest. That would have scared me as well! Mine is set for my neck and left arm/hand. However, I began getting stimulation in my right arm instead and at times down my left leg! Not so much scary but rather worried that I would have to go back and have the whole procedure redone! I told my rep and he immediately changed and tweaked the programs and everything was fine again. Swelling and then decreases in swelling will do that but I'm so glad, Mel, you were able to get that fixed! I think there is a lot of trial and error initially but I guess that is true for just about anything.
    Kentucky girl, it is too bad that the SCS did not work for you! I hope you are able to find a successful treatment. Good luck to you!!
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 118
    A while back when my St. Jude's rep was adjusting my settings, he sent a lot of power to it and zapped the nerves that go through my "male apparatus" and it was not a "fun" sensation either. Sort of like that tingling you get when your hand or foot goes to sleep and it starts waking up, except about 10 times stronger! LOL

I have 3 leads with my SCS, 1 in the lumbar and 2 in the thoracic so I get coverage centered on my spine just under my shoulder blades and fanning out. (when my SCS worked). You may need to have your leads moved or have another lead added.
  • Well It figures we are always the last to get to try new things but I will be right there waiting when it does come out, I had a really bad day yesterday its wierd the day before my pain had settled down somewhat and yesterday I was teary eyed all day, last night when I layed down I felt like I had a cell phone on my hip and in my foot buzzing , dont know what in the world causes that sensation..
  • getting zapped in the male part could not have felt good at all lol , they programmed me in recovery and it brought me off the bed ! I told the lady slow down there , hope I dont get in trouble for this one but when I wear my tens to work the guys are always wanting to try it on there male aparatus he he , some day im going to give in and really turn up the juice !
  • RickilalasRRickilalas Posts: 559
    edited 11/01/2012 - 10:59 PM
    I had that same problem with the cell phone and it was strange. I always left mine on vibrate and would swear it was vibrating in my front pants pocket. I stopped taking it with me and it still feels that way..
    On the personal use of the tens unit LOL there are web sites about it but I would not suggest it unless you don't care for the guy. LOL

Again for you if the tens helped try a IF unit they are stronger then a tens and help the nerves more without the muscle spassams.oh and by the way when I can't sleep after the picture you painted about feeling like a puppy
    LOL all I see now is that gross greeting card with a heavy woman that sat on her puppy and cant find it LOL

Wish You Luck
  • I go to bed at night and that stupid invisable cell phone is in my pocket and my foot lol its the strangest sensation , it doesnt hurt its just freaky! On the using the tens on the guy thing if they keep asking they shall recieve lol and I wont be easy with it ! lol Glad I could keep you awake ! I know which card you are talking about that was baaaaddd poor little puppy is all I can say on that one TGIF!!!!!