Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member-need help understanding MRI results

Can anyone help me understand my MRI results of cervical spine? Had previous double fusion from C5-C7 and was in a minor car accident 4 months ago causing neck and lower back pain. I've included all the findings but the one that concerns me is the the disc herniation at C7-T1. If the spinal cord is mildly deformed does that mean more surgery?

The cranioverterbral junction is normal.

There is a right paracentral disc herniation at C7-T1 mildly deforming the spinal cord.

Anterior cervical fusion has been performed from C5-C7. The alignment remains anatomic.

The vertebral bodies are normal in height and marrow signal.

There is no loss of normal T2 weighted disc signal throughout the cervical spine.

The upper thoracic spine is unremarkable.

There is no foraminal stenosis.

There is no facet joint arthropathy or spondylolisthesis.

The paraspinal soft tissues are unremarkable.

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. Unfortunately there is no one here whom could read your MRI and give your a accurate diagnoses of what your dealing with. The doctors will take the images along with the clinical exam to make a accurate diagnoses of what to do from here. Once you have had surgery doesn't mean they always do surgery. Sometimes conservative methods of treatment can help, but only your doctor can make that decision. Of course if surgery is on the table I would still get a second opinion so you know all your options. Keep in mind the more times they go in the more scar tissue that adds up.

Anyway just wanted to stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If there is anything I can do don't hesitate to pm me. Take care and keep us posted on what you decide to do.