Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Top 10 Most Painful Medical Conditions

While doing some research on the impact Steroids has with Arthritis and Cataracts, I cam across a site that listed the top 10

1. 10 Arthritis
    09 Pancreatitis
    08 Herpes zoster (Shingles)
    07 Achalasia
    06 Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
    05 Kidney stones
    04 Dercum disease
    03 Hidradenitis suppurativa
    02 Trigeminal neuralgia
    01 Cluster headache
This came from an article from http://www.healthfiend.com
Honestly, there were a number up there that I had no idea what it was. I would have thought that spinal problems would be some where in that list. I need to dig into this one some more, because to me, the conditions are somewhat interchanged between acute and chronic.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Side Note** Hey there stranger - I needed to take care of some "life" things & have been away for about 4 or 5 months - its good to be home :)

This list is very interesting. I'm with you I expected to see something about spine on the list.

I will say that Arthritis does not surprise me. I have RA - as I think you do too Ron - yes? The pain it causes is so different then my back pain. It is a deep deep inner pain that just hurts so bad, it's like acid is being poured THROUGH (not just on) my joints/bones.

I got Shingles a few yrs ago & did not know until about 2 or 3 days in. I had just went on the F patch so the Dr thinks it masked most of my pain - Thank you very much ;)

Kidney stones - yep! Ouch! Not even my pain meds could mask that one! I ended up in the ER several times to get "stronger"/different type of pain meds to handle that pain. Coming from a woman who gave birth before they had the blocks and other good stuff I said many times I would rather give birth again then pass 1 kidney stone.

One thing I thought of while rambling is - I am also surprised nerve pain is not on here. Nerve pain can take me right over the top of my pain levels to where I am gasping for breath.

An interesting thread to follow.
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,848
    back posting. I've missed your posts. I do hope that whatever kept you away for a bit has been straightened out.
    Its always so good to see good people posting again.
    My best to you
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com