Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

OK, so I had what was suppost to be a L4-05 discoectmy out patient with a said 3 months and can start training for a marathon sept 2011. Upon wakening I was informed that I was looking at a 6-9 month recovery as the L3 laminectomy done in 04 was "sloppy" and the calsification built up was uneven and bone fragments were all over and very tediuns(sp ck) to get out, He stated he got as many as he could. anyways... It took a very long time to feel "better" as he said. I started school a 1 hour r/t and 2 four hour lectures a week. I tolerated it well armed with a 50mcg patch of fentynal.Prior to starting this 7 month course in Jan my sciattica in my arm had been bothering me so before getting a steroid injection I got an mri showing a buldged disc.I also popped into a lense crafters in the mall to ck on my blured vision as less than a year ago it was 20/20 or better at the doctors spoon style. Now 20/70. Ok..anyways, upon further review, it appears as if I have spinal fluid all through my spine and in my brain. Still has not been addressed. I was told by my surgen that what happened to me happens to 12 people every 12 years and my odds were not good.BUT only reffering to the new buldging disc below at S1. that it normally goes up not down. I am flying solo here. I think he is covering his ass. because with my disc in hand and this laptop I am pretty much just looking at pics of regular csf and with all the same imaging of my spinal cord, the flow and my brain. I asked my primary care if he has seen it and he said it was a buldging disc and he will discuss it more with me if I want the next time I see him. I believe he is looking at the old school way and not using these wonderful features that show fluid. There are at least 7 or 10 different ways to view it. I know I need to get in there but I am terrified. I was in there so much after the early aug 12th injection of the lower lumbar. I was going to get a nerve block so I could finish school and the first injection worked amazingly well 4 days. The aug one had me calling the next day to see if it was even the same procedure. it was and I was bed ridden for 2 months. I still have days where I cant drive. Blurry vision, fainting, vomiting diariarrah hot and cold flashes.....Oh did I mention Feb- mid march I had to take 2 rounds of 500mg of cipro for a suspected UTI as I had heavy traces of blood in my urin as well as high white cell count? OK, HELP??? anyone? I couldnt see the profile pic before and it is not a very good one but I can put another up should you think I should be more than a little concerned. I am kinda scared of doctors right now to say the least.
shannon l cross

• Shannon, I'm sorry your going through this. Other people will be along as they come online to give more advice, but i would make an appointment with a neurologist. What you're describing doesn't sound good at all. I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted.