Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 week after OP!

Hello to all you Pre/post op people!

Just wanted to share my story for the next person who goes into hospital.

I have been out of hospital (In St.Albans UK) for only 7 days now, I can't sit for too long , or stand for too long.
I am an Ex-Dancer and know my body very well.
I have just spent 20 minutes reading lots of 'posts' on different web sites etc, lot's of aching stories out there..........I had L4/5 Bilateral Decompression & Right side Discectomy.

My scar is very thin & neat, I have NO original sciatica pain in my legs..............although it's early days yet.
Still on meds, and always taking Arnica even before the op (highly recommend it for healing the internal/external bruising)

After reading other stories , I will now be VERY careful to what I can not do before 6 weeks of healing!!!!

good luck to all............

• Sounds like you are on the right track! For me, now 7 weeks post-op. It seems I have to be more & more careful every day. I am working on getting back to where I was 4 weeks post-op, when I had a setback. Then another setback at 6 weeks post-op. I was finally getting better yesterday but now suddenly today I have a tingling in my foot and low back pain. As opposed to leg flare ups the last few days. Its a struggle. So just be careful, its easy to say and no so easy (at least for me) to do.

Good Luck!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!