Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rough days!

Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 118
You know, some days just absolutely x2@@#$ and yesterday and today are two of those types of days. I've been up since 2:00 AM today with what feels like a red hot branding iron shoved into my spine just below my shoulder blades. On the SCS treatment forum I've posted about my SCS not working and I am waiting to have the replacement implant approved by my insurance. Yesterday and today I could have really used the SCS. No amount of Nuycenta could do it for me yesterday and apparently today too! Plus, this hurrican Sandy has added so much moisture to the air and when the weather is like this my pain is always worse - maybe I need to live in Las Vegas :)! I am sooo tired of hurting, just like everyone else on these boards.Aargh, time for another Nuycenta. Wishing for good days for all of you, Jerome

• I'm with you today. I haven't had nerve pain like this since before my last surgery for stenosis. I also feel like someone is holding a hot iron on the front of my thighs and I'm having trouble controling my right let. Now the nerves have decided to shoot down the back of my right leg. Fun, fun, fun.

Just thought I'd jump on your little island of pain rant. Gag!!

Hope you feel better soon!
  • So sorry for your pain, hope you feel better..
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 118
    Thanks for your comments and your thoughts too! You guys really do help! Some storm huh! WOW I feel like I'm back in Florida except it was in the 40's and 50's here in the DC area when the storm passed through. Not raining now but the wet and cold are playing havoc with my back - I sure wish my spinal cord stimulator was working! All my pain docs appointments canceled for today so he is bring me in at 1:00 PM today to implant my new trial before I''m scheduled to get a whole new system. The weather and my mood have been so similar and not being able to get out and walk my dog around the block a few times each day reminds me of how bored I am when I feel half way normal. I've gone through so many of my break through pain pills over the last few days that I think I'm going to be in trouble the last week my prescription is supposed to cover as I will probably run out a week ahead of time. Hopefully I will feel better over the next few days but with the trial it will probably be worse. I hope you are doing okay or at least managing. My thoughts are with you. Thanks again for your support! Jerome