Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please Help me figure out something here.

Hello my name is Justin. I am 19 and have lots of issues with back, hip, knee and other joint pain. I am trying to find some people with these issues that have dealt with it without pain management or pain killers. I am too young and they all make my sick to my stomach over the counter prescription it doesn't matter. I would like to find some healthy alternatives but don't know where to stat. If you have any ideas please I am up to try anything at this point. Half the time it feels like I cant bend my back at all or walk with my hips. I use to skateboard and fell really hard on my hip and tail bone repeatedly and now I am paying for it. Any suggestions are helpful the only thing I know for sure is back pain runs in my immediate family and that I have arthritis diagnosed in 2010. Thank you.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    You will soon find out that Spinal problems never discriminate regarding age. No one is too young or too old to experience new onsets of spinal problems.

As far as alternative treatments, you are in the correct section of these forum categories. You could search on anyone of the following:

- Accunpuncture
    - Deep Tissue Massage
    - Tens Units
    - Aqua Therapy
    - Music Relaxation
    - Aroma Therapy
    - Meditation

You will find many posts that deal with each of the above.

I am a firm believer in the standard medical practice regarding surgical and narcotic intervention.
    I am also a very firm believer in alternative medicine.

I believe that the faith I had in both Eastern and Western medical practices has helped me keep my head
    above water all these years.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com