Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF C3-C6 set for 12-3-12

ACDF surgery upcoming in 4 weeks here in Palm Harbor FL. Kinda nervous about recovery and returning to prior activity level. My neurosurgeon says I will have 15% loss of forward head mobility and good risk for adjacent joints to deteriorate in future. I love to golf and downhill ski and hope I won't be restricted from these recreational activities after fusion takes place.
3 level fusion is serious business and I know its necessary to prevent further myelopathy...Symptoms are right arm radiculopathy and back neck and mid-upper back pain on a scale of about 6.
Any recovering patients lose their abilities to return to non-contact sports/recreation. If so, what and how do you feel about it?
Nuff for now. Awaiting some replies,
ps: thinking of getting a hospital bed for home for the first couple of weeks, what do you say to this??

• I just noticed your post. It caught my attention as I live in Plant City. I would like to know about activities after surgery as well. I love to kayak and right now I cannot. My 4 level ACDF is scheduled for Jan 22. Hopefully, this will bump your post up to let someone reply. You might want to repost with a title like sports activities after acdf. Maybe that would catch someone's attention.
    4 level ACDF completed on January 3rd.
    I developed an infection which required reopening the wound on January17th
    Looking forward to life without as much pain!