Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi all...I am 5 days post op as I write this. Had a Microdisectomy on the L5/S1 on 11/1/12. Surg went well actually had no leg pain until day 3 after the surg. Just wondering if this is normal? I still feel the nerve pain in my right leg in all the same spots as before surg. ???
Just curious as to other people's experience who has had this surgery before. Most of my pain is in my buttock, back of thigh and most of all my calf.

Any advise or comments would be gladly appreciated. Also I am wanting to request a Post MRI is that something that is commonly done after surg???

• What you describe is something that many folks post here. You are free to look at their posts. People often need to have pain relief until the nerve settles down. Are you on anti-inflammatories?

Having, said that, some folks have all previous pain gone from day one.

However, others have more than before or different pain or issues. Often a few nerve block steroid injections are done. Then sometimes the saga continues...

And some others re-herniate almost immediately. An MRI will confirm or not. Usually done if surgeon suspects this or has other concern.

If the pain is more than the surgeon has told you to expect, I suggest you get in contact and discuss with him/her.
  • If you check recent posts there are at least 2 threads on the 1st 2 pages dealing with this exact issue.

Good Luck!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!
  • Cmarie22,

I am curious as to how you have progressed since your surgery? I had the same procedure done. I had no pain for a few weeks after the surgery, but low level pain came back and has been fairly consent since. I have started PT, but I am still only a few visits in to this.

All Best